GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

bbroecker37

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Do you think it was the stacked washers shifting that caused that? I just got the hybrid insert, and was considering the roceuro, but maybe that combo doesn't work anymore with the new roceuro piece.
It’s possible. But I think since the Roc Euro bar is thicker than it used to be it caused more vibration since it doesn’t flex as much.

bbroecker37

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Also, I noticed since I installed the Powerflex Hybrid I was getting a strange noise. It sounded like something creaking almost. It only happened when I accelerate and put the car in park. I decided to take the poweflex out and inspect it. I noticed that the middle of the bushing had some black rub marks. I wrapped the black insert with teflon tape and silicon grease. I also lubed up the subframe and the upper bushing. Now the car is completely silent when I accelerate. I guess you need to make sure to apply plenty of lube when installing.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, I have fit the powerflex hybrid and I’m not sure if normal or not but seems like now when I turn the engine on it makes a thud and I can feel it, the bush went in fine and was torqued correctly, anyone else feel this?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Hi guys, I have fit the powerflex hybrid and I’m not sure if normal or not but seems like now when I turn the engine on it makes a thud and I can feel it, the bush went in fine and was torqued correctly, anyone else feel this?
No. Sounds like something is up.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Anything solved?
If the thud is still there, grab a hard part of the engine (lift eyes, valve cover,...) and give it a push/pull.
Something maybe loose. Something maybe allowing engine movement on start.
Or you could just put your phone securely under the hood and record video of a start.