GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Can anyone confirm if the powerflex will work with the apr pendulum mount or not? Someone made a vague comment saying he had fitment issues earlier in this thread and I would like to know before I buy. Thanks

Somewhere in this thread I believe a user had to trim his to get it to fit around his APR pendulum mount. If it's the one I'm thinking of he included photos of how much he had to trim.

Found it here first post. Pics included.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I was checking the torque on my hybrid dogbone mount today and it looks like it has shifted so the metal plate holding the mount in isn’t centered anymore. It doesn’t appear any of the poly is squishing out around the plate though. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Also the mount was still tight at 74lb ft. Thanks guys.

712AEF94-2D69-45C3-9538-C8EE49455AC4.jpeg

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Somewhere in this thread I believe a user had to trim his to get it to fit around his APR pendulum mount. If it's the one I'm thinking of he included photos of how much he had to trim.

Found it here first post. Pics included.
Just so that it's in this thread, i didn't have any issues using a APR Pendulum Arm and PowerFlex Hybrid mount on my DQ381

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
With the Black Series it’s pretty noticeable. If vibrations bother you it’s not for you. It’s not too much louder but it shakes the car a fair bit at idle.

But. No more wheel hop.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I was checking the torque on my hybrid dogbone mount today and it looks like it has shifted so the metal plate holding the mount in isn’t centered anymore. It doesn’t appear any of the poly is squishing out around the plate though. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Also the mount was still tight at 74lb ft. Thanks guys.

BTW, you cant check torque on a static bolt - the torque value specified is for a moving bolt (think difference between static and kinetic friction, static friction is always higher)

Dont know if that's what you did but if not then this is just a PSA ;)

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
BTW, you cant check torque on a static bolt - the torque value specified is for a moving bolt (think difference between static and kinetic friction, static friction is always higher)

Dont know if that's what you did but if not then this is just a PSA ;)

So in this instance I should have loosened it and re torqued to 74lb ft? I didn’t do that but I understand what you’re saying with the static bolt.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
So in this instance I should have loosened it and re torqued to 74lb ft? I didn’t do that but I understand what you’re saying with the static bolt.

Yes, as long as it's not a stretch bolt, which I don't think this is

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Noob question that may have already been answered but I didn't read all 11 pages and I didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

I've seen videos where sometimes the whole dogbone is removed to do lower puck replacements / inserts and I've seen other videos where only the rear most bolt securing the bushing is removed. I bought 3 new bolts just in case but for the hybrid mount do I need to pull the dogbone out or not? Doesn't seem like I would have to but I've never done it before.

Thanks

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Noob question that may have already been answered but I didn't read all 11 pages and I didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

I've seen videos where sometimes the whole dogbone is removed to do lower puck replacements / inserts and I've seen other videos where only the rear most bolt securing the bushing is removed. I bought 3 new bolts just in case but for the hybrid mount do I need to pull the dogbone out or not? Doesn't seem like I would have to but I've never done it before.

Thanks
Are you putting in a puck? This thread is about the puck. If yes you have to remove the whole dogbone by cutting it out. For that you need to remove the pendulum arm too. There are 3 bolts to remove, 1 in the middle of the dogbone and 2 on the arm. The 2 on the arm are different lengths. Make sure the right one goes in the right hole or you'll be sorry. twss

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Are you putting in a puck? This thread is about the puck. If yes you have to remove the whole dogbone by cutting it out. For that you need to remove the pendulum arm too. There are 3 bolts to remove, 1 in the middle of the dogbone and 2 on the arm. The 2 on the arm are different lengths. Make sure the right one goes in the right hole or you'll be sorry. twss

Yea, it's a lower puck / upper insert all in one. I knew I had to cut out the OEM lower puck just wasn't convinced I had to pull the whole arm/dogbone to do it.

I purchased all 3 replacement bolts since they're TTY, I'll do my best to not crack my transmission casing.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I installed my powerflex lower puck today. A couple notes and initial thoughts.

- make sure your 21mm socket fits in the black collar. My impact 21mm didn't and I had to buy one at AutoZone.

- I used a jigsaw to cut the lower mount out, I do not recommend. I slightly damaged my upper mount in the process. I checked the scars with a pick and they didn't go below the surface so I said screw it and proceeded with the install. If anyone has a better way to do it, might be helpful to share. Worst case scenario my upper mount fails at some point and I replace it but with the voids filled and the poly puck pressed in there I think that is unlikely.

- my roceuro arm was not compatible with my 2020 dsg car. Will report findings there in another thread after I talk to them this week

The car felt totally fine to me after install. There is a bit more vibration in reverse and a bit more from the engine overall but it's totally not a problem for me. I also suspect it will get better once I drive a bit more. Shifts are exactly how I want them to be now, I can only say this is a more significant improvement than the alu 034 insert I had on my golf R.

I can't really see this bushing being a problem for anyone but the very most particular of people. The benefits are fantastic so far. I actually think some of the added feel and sound or nvh from the engine is a good thing.... Feels much more connected overall.