GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running 245/35/19 on STOCK SUSPENSION?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Oh its driven hard. Does not rub.

NO, you're just biased because it's your car! Stop fibbing to others! Not stock = rubbing!

/Sarcasm

The car looks bloody great Pound, hope you're enjoying the R as much or more as the CC!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pound

Ready to race!
NO, you're just biased because it's your car! Stop fibbing to others! Not stock = rubbing!

/Sarcasm

The car looks bloody great Pound, hope you're enjoying the R as much or more as the CC!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Haha definately man.

My stupid Audi service advisor friend is now telling me I need an RS3. We'll see what happens this summer...Must resist

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Haha definately man.

My stupid Audi service advisor friend is now telling me I need an RS3. We'll see what happens this summer...Must resist

Gotta love good friends who are bad influences! That's how I got into the R in the first place. The RS3, definitely in a different league both in power/capability and $$$. If you can, I doubt you'd regret anything, but the R is a sweet spot for sure.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
You would really want an 8.5-9in wheel to run 245's. Running too wide of a tire on a narrow wheel will actually hurt performance, as shown by various race teams' track times experimenting with tire size.

If you don't care about track times and steering that feels a little bit less sharp, you will have a more compliant ride with 245s vs 235s due to the taller sidewall.

I've got some Neuspeed RSe 14s in 19X8 et45, is this going to be wide enough to 'properly' run the 245s?

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
19x9, ET47 265/30/19. Would this work?

madface1

Go Kart Newbie

It doesn't rub, if it did I wouldn't be running them haha! But I also have fully adjustable suspension which makes a huge difference

Probably on your 993 (rear) or a TT (all 4 corners).
No chance on a Mk7 without doing some extended fender work.

;)

smh...don't respond if you don't know what you're talking about

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
Regarding Pound's picture above:
I don't want to argue here, but forum members seeking for honest advice deserve
some unadorned words to be spoken.
I don't buy that 'no rubbing' thing. Someone may not perceive rubbing yet, which
I believe him any time, but being that close it definitely will rub when driven harder.

No contact here at all.:D 245/35/19 ET45

....and I spank this bitch!:cool:

Axles of Evil

Ready to race!
Continentals

What tires are you running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continental DWS...only because we get a lot of rain where we live, otherwise would have gone with PSS summer tyres. however, this is an all season tyre and it grips like hell even under full throttle and with dry or wet conditions. I have no complaints about these tyres...at all. A good all round choice. My car with photos is included in this thread back on page 4, so you can see that they look really great on the 19's as well (not too big, not too small....just right).

Very pleased and will buy again.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
Bringing this up. Has anyone run 245/35/19 with ED springs?

From the 6 pages it seems like I would be good with 19x8.5 et45

But please tell me if I’m mistaken!