GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running 245/35/19 on STOCK SUSPENSION?

tepeswallachia

Car(s)
2016 GTI 6mt
Thought I'd add my 2 cents as a point of reference for Sumitomo HTR-ZIII's. I have a GTI with stock suspension and 245/35/19 Sumi ZIII's mounted on S4 Peelers with et43mm. The fronts rubbed on the fender screw when hitting a dip or bump during aggressive cornering until I did the screw mod, and the rears rub on large dips on the highway. The ZIII's have a very squared off shoulder.

I think these tires on an R, lower in stock form than a stock GTI, would be rubbing all the time.

WBardos

245/35/19 tires worked out great!

Been through my FB groups, and searched forums, but this has been the most useful thread of information and pics by far. First post (hopefully in the thread and the pics post, LOL), joined just to thank everyone! Pulled the trigger on wheels and tires, installed a few days ago .. Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 245/35/19 tires mounted on new Verde V39 Parallax 19x8.5 ET+45 wheels. Awesome grip, no rubbing, no fender screw mod, better ride, totally pleased!

Ruzicka

245 35 R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Thanks for starting this discussion, and all who contributed.

I changed my stock wheels from Englishtown/Speilbergs 19x8 ET 50 and 235 35 R19's to:

OZ Racing Ultraleggera HLT 19x8.5 ET 47
wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245 35 R19.

I am on stock suspension...very happy with the results, great grip, handling, no rubbing issues, and a little more flush than stock. I feel the MPS4S 245's sit comfortably on the 8.5 inch rim, not to too square or too stretched. Have to admit my favorite upgrade though is the leather hood bra, very retro 1980's/70's...put on a hood bra and cruise with your favorite 80's tunes...Starship LOL.
Cheers,

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Nice!!!

I have 19x8.5 OZs too, nice to confirm fit with the 4S. This pretty much confirmed my plans to swap to 245s when the time comes.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!

245-40-18 stock height. #meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruzicka

Nice!!!

I have 19x8.5 OZs too, nice to confirm fit with the 4S. This pretty much confirmed my plans to swap to 245s when the time comes.

Thanks! You'll like the 245's, and on a nice set of OZ's, perfect.

Got any pics? I am curious how the 235's sit on an 8.5 rim. Stretch?
Cheers,

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Thanks! You'll like the 245's, and on a nice set of OZ's, perfect.

Got any pics? I am curious how the 235's sit on an 8.5 rim. Stretch?
Cheers,

I don't think they look stretched. 8" is kinda narrow for 235 anyway

Attachments

• !4.JPG
    !4.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 730

JWadle

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is now lowered on VWRs. Did the fender screw mod just in case. No rubbing whatsoever.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Are you using spacers with this setup? I'm surprised how flush they look if not.

JWadle

Passed Driver's Ed