GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone heard of Racechip tuning?

Schmize

I've been following the eurodyne and bms threads quite a bit n came across this while browsing the Internet.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251734745523?_mwBanner=1

I haven't read anything about this company but their feedback and website pool pretty legitimate so I was a but surprised. Does anybody have experience?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...y=33597&pm=1&ds=0&t=1433224067061#page=page-1

This is the link to the mk7 unit. I personally have a 2015 8v a3 which I noticed they have an 8v 1.8t file listed but figured this should match my power train. Thought it looked like an interesting alternative with all this talk between piggybacks and ecu tunes haha

DRS1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got the racechip ultimate on my 7 GTi with a down pipe.
Works really well
Worth a try.
Had a 30+ wheel kW gain and 70+nm gain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desmo1

After doing some research on different tunes for my Golf R, RaceChip looked like the best option. The site showed 25% gain in HP and 27% in torque, along with up to 5 mpg improvement. I figured this was a good choice because it could be unplugged and back to factory when taken in for service. Man was I wrong! What I got was no improvement to performance and worse gas mileage. After having it plugged in for a week I plugged in the bypass to see if I noticed a difference back to stock. The car ran better and my fuel economy improved with the bypass. Sure they were quick to get the product to me and allowed me to return it, at my own expense ($25 in shipping). Then to add insult to injury, they withheld $100 from my refund for a restocking fee. I understand that sometimes products don’t work out, but to charge me a restocking fee for returning a product that actually made my car worse it unacceptable. Maybe RaceChip works for you, but the question you have to ask is, is it worth the gamble when a company doesn’t stand behind their product? I’m just glad I removed it before something truly costly happened.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
After doing some research on different tunes for my Golf R, RaceChip looked like the best option. The site showed 25% gain in HP and 27% in torque, along with up to 5 mpg improvement. I figured this was a good choice because it could be unplugged and back to factory when taken in for service. Man was I wrong! What I got was no improvement to performance and worse gas mileage. After having it plugged in for a week I plugged in the bypass to see if I noticed a difference back to stock. The car ran better and my fuel economy improved with the bypass. Sure they were quick to get the product to me and allowed me to return it, at my own expense ($25 in shipping). Then to add insult to injury, they withheld $100 from my refund for a restocking fee. I understand that sometimes products don’t work out, but to charge me a restocking fee for returning a product that actually made my car worse it unacceptable. Maybe RaceChip works for you, but the question you have to ask is, is it worth the gamble when a company doesn’t stand behind their product? I’m just glad I removed it before something truly costly happened.

Sounds like you need a JB1 from Burger Motorsports.

RedHotVAG

Ready to race!
Yea why did you get a race chip after all the research you've done? Everyone points to JB1 or the Neuspeed for a PNP device.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Burger JB1 totally and completely first option. And with the work and continuous improvement George smooth and Burger are committed too, I would expect good things for power and options in the near future.

USPMotorsports

Ready to race!
Most of all these... JB1, Neuspeed and Race Chip are all a sort of MAP clamp. The most popular ones are the Neuspeed and JB1 by far.

I had a customer with a Race Chip contact me after spending 600$ on his Race Chip (he did not purchase this from us as we do not support or sell this item) when his ECU had a check engine light for the DP he purchased. He did not know how to get rid of it, unfortunately there was no way to.

We strongly suggest to have customer look at their end goals in mind when choosing their parts. Not all parts are meant to work together but then again peoples goals change when they get the "Bug" LOL.

Here is a quick link to the: NEUSPEED Power Module- MK7 GTI/Golf R & A3/S3

ANGO

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello and a happy new year with health and happiness.
I have a Golf VII 1.6 TDI (105) and I am thinking for chiptuning or remap. I am happy to hear any suggestions.