GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any regrets with DSG?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I went and bought my 2018 GTI SE, dark iron blue, cloth interior, and DSG. I initially went to buy white silver metallic with 6MT. Having couple of manuals at the house made the decision to go with DSG easier. As I was driving home, I didn’t realize how good the interior of the GTI was in comparison to the WRX. I will drive very slow in the rain. I will try to post pick as soon as I learn how to do it.

Best way to post a pic it to make an Image hosting account (imgur is the main one I know). Then you upload your picture to that hosting site, and use the provided link to post a picture on any forum.

I was eyeing a 2017 WRX or STI, but the ridiculous amount my insurance company was asking made the GTI an offer I couldn't refuse.

Edit: bleh

Last edited:

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Drtsk said:
I went and bought my 2018 GTI SE, dark iron blue, cloth interior, and DSG. I initially went to buy white silver metallic with 6MT. Having couple of manuals at the house made the decision to go with DSG easier. As I was driving home, I didn’t realize how good the interior of the GTI was in comparison to the WRX. I will drive very slow in the rain. I will try to post pick as soon as I learn how to do it.

Congratulations! Look forward to the pics.

This forum host pics for you. Write post, select advanced then manage attachments, upload (prorperly sized file). More info here in FAQ: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

Drtsk

Passed Driver's Ed
Congratulations! Look forward to the pics.

This forum host pics for you. Write post, select advanced then manage attachments, upload (prorperly sized file). More info here in FAQ: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

Thank you.
Hopefully I can get some good pics this weekend to post. The weather is suppose to be awful here in Northern Virginia.

Btw, I have wanted a GTI since 1983. And it has taken me 35 years to get one.

adam1991

Banned
so...it looks like I was right. That one comment DID shut the discussion down--because it went to drunks posting random dogshit immediately after.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Best way to post a pic it to make an Image hosting account (imgur is the main one I know). Then you upload your picture to that hosting site, and use the provided link to post a picture on any forum.

I was eyeing a 2017 WRX or STI, but the ridiculous amount my insurance company was asking made the GTI an offer I couldn't refuse.

Edit: Fuck me I've posted like 80 times today, and only 50/50 of giving out knowledge and defending myself. Round of applause to everyone!

2nd Edit: It has almost been an hour, and I've PM'ed most of the debaters and had conversations with them. Where are you guyz to call me stupid? How am I supposed to get my dick hard now? POST NOWWWWWWWWWW or GET TO DA CHOPPAH, actually time to head to McDonalds and get some food. Gonna drive all the way there in 2nd, winding the piss out of it annoying all the neighbors. But what else is a modified exhaust good for AMIRITE?

BTW I'm a goon who was involved with most of the hardest core of all memes ever. All Your Base... and by involved I mean witnessed that shit go down, also a hardcore WoW player, so excuse my lingo eh?

3rd Edit: ....fuck I'm a dummy, went out and did errands... but forgot to get myself food.... >< time to leave again I guess. Fuck I'm such a dummy, but hey y'all knew that :D

Maybe you should go to CVS and get a refill on your meds

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!

I cross shopped with a BRZ and the interior in that car was a huge turn off. Good luck with your car blue is a good color

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Out of the last 7 pages posted, there were maybe 7 useful posts. Oh well, at least it was entertaining, and after all.... isn't that why we're all here:confused:

tknj99

Ready to race!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Congrats OP. We would love to hear your initial impressions on the vehicle and not to mention the DSG.

You can upload pictures easily by installing Tapatalk app in your mobile.

greens

Ready to race!
Turbo lag in 1st gear? :confused:. Please explain. That makes no sense, both my DSG cars instantaneously respond when hitting the throttle. The car doesn't stay in 1st long so I have no idea what you mean.

Right off the line from a dead stop at a light with the DSG there was this noticeable lag for the first 1-2 seconds upon applying throttle that just isn't there with the manual.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
BTW I'm a goon who was involved with most of the hardest core of all memes ever. All Your Base... and by involved I mean witnessed that shit go down, also a hardcore WoW player, so excuse my lingo eh?

You still play? I was pretty hard core in vanilla and BC but quit a bit after Cata came out. First in the US Horde clears of 40 man Naxx, SSC, Hyjal, back in the day.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Right off the line from a dead stop at a light with the DSG there was this noticeable lag for the first 1-2 seconds upon applying throttle that just isn't there with the manual.

In general, turbo lag has nothing to do with transmission equipped in any vehicle.

jmchapple

Nope

I currently have a 2017 Subaru WRX base as my dd. I love driving manual but it’s getting tiresome in the DC area. WRX is a wonderful car but I realize it is not for me. I’ve decided to ditch the WRX and get me a GTI as my dd. I have settled on 2018 white silver metallic SE with cloth seat. I just can’t decide between 6MT or 6speed DSG. Does anyone regret getting DSG? Is manual in a GTI doable as dd?
Also, any advice for a soon to be new GTI owner.

I love it, having had manuals in the past (not GTIs). If it's good enough for F1 and most other motor sport it's good enough for me racing form stoplight to stoplight.

greens

Ready to race!
How do you figure? The manual gearbox gets 1mpg better than the DSG in D (according to VW in the most ideal conditions), but from all reports I've seen in the real world the manual trans gets worse gas mileage.

This is my trip home from work on Wednesday with a full tank of gas and only 850 miles on the motor. How much better can the DSG fare?