GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another is38 victim

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Whet out to get a log with the wife and just before 6200 in 4th, poof loss of power and a pop, pulled over heard a light knocking, drove about a quarter mile to position the car to be towed, noticed no boost and good ol smoke, knock went away, gonna take dp off when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Goddamn. Sorry to hear this....seems like were dropping like flies :(

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Damn first Hoon with an issue and now you, the OG's are dropping like flies!

edit: Hey hey hey Worldpacgti, stop stealing my phrase. I bet you don't even work for worldpac! or order parts from them, or something to that effect!!!! and if you do I have some complaints.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Good thing eqt just got another turbo shipment

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yeah man I got lucky with the motor...figured it was time to quit gambling with the turbo.

That sucks Railroader, have you decided how you're going to go from here?

How many miles on it?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to hear!!! Which is38 revision? How many miles on it? New or rebuild? What tune? Time to go littco...
RevT has about 25k on it, bought it used off a guy tee that has an audi that went iroz. Maestro. Probably gonna go eqt,

Hoon

Autocross Champion
RevT has about 25k on it, bought it used off a guy tee that has an audi that went iroz. Maestro. Probably gonna go eqt,

Do it NOW.

He only has a couple left and he will be out of stock until end of Nov.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
27k on the car, if the motor is ok, it sounds fine and starts fine but I'll know more later on the health of the motor, I'll probably just go eqt right now, that's about as much power as I need without building the motor and I honestly would rather buy an R and build that just cause of traction purposes. I'll do some fueling later
Yeah man I got lucky with the motor...figured it was time to quit gambling with the turbo.

That sucks Railroader, have you decided how you're going to go from here?

How many miles on it?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Sucks. Fuckin Is38s.

Yes do eqt. I wanna see how the engine torque values compare vs mine since it calcs the same on the BT maestro file.
EQT complete kit ordered. Motor better be ok lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
EQT complete kit ordered. Motor better be ok lol

Nice! I’m suprised you and Hoon both went EQT over Littco, I think the quicker spoil of the L450 is a selling point over the slightly higher hp potential of the EQT, but then again I’d probably never do fueling mods to get the most out of either

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Nice! I’m suprised you and Hoon both went EQT over Littco, I think the quicker spoil of the L450 is a selling point over the slightly higher hp potential of the EQT, but then again I’d probably never do fueling mods to get the most out of either

I went L450...good to see more people running both options. We'll get some good comparisons soon.

Railroader and I were within 1whp on our IS38 setups. :D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I went L450...good to see more people running both options. We'll get some good comparisons soon.

Railroader and I were within 1whp on our IS38 setups. :D

Ah ok sweet, it wasn’t exactly clear which way you went from what I skimmed

This is perfect for me, while my is20 lives out its golden years you guys can give some great opinions of each option id be looking at for its replacement when it finally has its day

65,000 miles and counting, all but 7k ish tuned