Coilovers + LCA

66FBA0DC-1469-43BD-85F1-B91B59401E3B.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

carmenjeff

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, I have enkei rs05rr in 18x8.5 et45 running a 6mm spacer up front to clear my macan brake calipers. I'm lowered about an inch all around on kw coilovers and 225/40/18 indy 500's. What size michelin ps4s would fit and have a meaty look 245/40/18 or 255/35/18? Thanks
IMG_1626.JPG

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Hello everyone, I have enkei rs05rr in 18x8.5 et45 running a 6mm spacer up front to clear my macan brake calipers. I'm lowered about an inch all around on kw coilovers and 225/40/18 indy 500's. What size michelin ps4s would fit and have a meaty look 245/40/18 or 255/35/18? ThanksView attachment 267814

For meaty & comfort, 245/40, but feel suffers just a bit.

I think 255/35 is the sweet spot, but would be better on a 9" wheel

carmenjeff

Passed Driver's Ed
For meaty & comfort, 245/40, but feel suffers just a bit.

I think 255/35 is the sweet spot, but would be better on a 9" wheel
I’m assuming to have 1 to 2 finger gap with such wide tires in combination with the spacers, supposedly 8.5” et45 is flush with the fender without spacers my et is now 39. Will I be able to have that stance without camber plates or other means to adjust camber beyond the oem range of movement and not rub the fenders. Thanks for replying by the way.👍

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
No.
I’m assuming to have 1 to 2 finger gap with such wide tires in combination with the spacers, supposedly 8.5” et45 is flush with the fender without spacers my et is now 39. Will I be able to have that stance without camber plates or other means to adjust camber beyond the oem range of movement and not rub the fenders. Thanks for replying by the way.👍
You're going to need camber

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Lower control arms, adjustable ball joints, and upper camber plates will get you to at least 2.5° of negative camber to fit something like that. Consider the sidewall profile of the tire because it differs from brand to brand.

carmenjeff

Passed Driver's Ed
Lower control arms, adjustable ball joints, and upper camber plates will get you to at least 2.5° of negative camber to fit something like that. Consider the sidewall profile of the tire because it differs from brand to brand.
Thanks for the recommendations, is there any way to measure at home how much neg. Camber I need, maybe a digital level on the hub any suggestions are welcome? I was thinking of starting off with white line knuckles, and lower control arms. Since I already installed the coilovers and don’t feel like doing it again.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Is there a way to determine how much I will need after installing the tires? A formula or maybe an online calculator. I’m familiar with the options I have to adjust camber, just trying to figure out how to measure and determine how much I need? Thanks

There probably is, bit I don't know of it. I will say at -2.4 camber with 245/40R18 at 25.5 fender to ground height, I had no rubbing

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Thanks for the recommendations, is there any way to measure at home how much neg. Camber I need, maybe a digital level on the hub any suggestions are welcome? I was thinking of starting off with white line knuckles, and lower control arms. Since I already installed the coilovers and don’t feel like doing it again.
I just calculated all the specs together and know from previous cars what ~2.5-3° negative camber looks like. Dialing in the geometry first was more important than everything else, *then* I decided what wheel specs and tires I could fit that met my requirements. I did that by using both wheel offset and tire size calculators based off my previous 17x8 +45 wheel/tire.

Going in reverse order and starting with wheels might be a little more of a cross-your-fingers situation.