El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Yup. Get camber mounts up front. You won't rub anymore.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I don’t think I have an aggressive stance but I’m rubbing in the rear on dips. 18x8 et 45 with 10mm spacers on H&R OE Sport springs and 235/40/18 tires. Don’t really want to drop down in spacer size or get coilovers haha. Anything else I could do?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I don’t think I have an aggressive stance but I’m rubbing in the rear on dips. 18x8 et 45 with 10mm spacers on H&R OE Sport springs and 235/40/18 tires. Don’t really want to drop down in spacer size or get coilovers haha. Anything else I could do?

Rubbing on the inside or outside?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
With that tire and final offsets it’s on the rear outside lips.

@SonicBloom Same would apply for you, take it to an alignment shop and asks them to adjust the negative camber Like -.5 more by means of end top car eccentric bolt.
should be enough if it’s just happening on big bumps.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S

Not sure I think it’s on the inside. If i have time this week I’ll take off the tire and check.

[/QUOTE]

@SonicBloom Same would apply for you, take it to an alignment shop and asks them to adjust the negative camber Like -.5 more by means of end top car eccentric bolt.
should be enough if it’s just happening on big bumps.

My rear camber is at -1.8 and the front is at 2.2. Not sure how much more I can get in the front to balance the increase in the rear but I’ll talk to my suspension shop. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to add that I’ve had this setup for a few months and I’m pretty I wasn’t rubbing before. Maybe the springs have settled?

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not sure I think it’s on the inside. If i have time this week I’ll take off the tire and check.

My rear camber is at -1.8 and the front is at 2.2. Not sure how much more I can get in the front to balance the increase in the rear but I’ll talk to my suspension shop. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to add that I’ve had this setup for a few months and I’m pretty I wasn’t rubbing before. Maybe the springs have settled?
Yes the settled if they were new.

in that case you may want to just jump Down to a 8mm if the rubbing is minor.

I’m running the same size tires on an 8.5 wheel with 35mm offset and 5mm Spacers with -2.2 in the rear at ride hight which is still set where there is no wheel gap . It doesn’t rub unless it’s a crazy bump and at that point the fronts end up running too😂

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Sounds like the rear struts are on their way out imo.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

My wheels are the same specs, but with 245 tires and I had slight rubbing on the fuel tube inside the wheelwell. Added 7mm spacers and now does not seem to be rubbing anywhere, though still closer to the fuel tube than the outside lip. Mine is at stock height though.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
My wheels are the same specs, but with 245 tires and I had slight rubbing on the fuel tube inside the wheelwell. Added 7mm spacers and now does not seem to be rubbing anywhere, though still closer to the fuel tube than the outside lip. Mine is at stock height though.
Yeah I can see that with a 245 and a et45 wheel... I said final offset cause he’s 235, with a 45 offset wheel then a 10mm spacer so his final offset is 35. Are you saying you are running 35s with a 7mm spacer now.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Yeah I can see that with a 245 and a et45 wheel... I said final offset cause he’s 235, with a 45 offset wheel then a 10mm spacer so his final offset is 35. Are you saying you are running 35s with a 7mm spacer now.

245s on 18x8 45 ET +7mm spacers.

lewisgti

Car(s)
2017 DBP GTI
Hello Everyone,
Sorry for digging up an old thread but i'm in desperate need of help. I just got rotiform rse's in an 18x8.5 et 35, tried running 245/40/18's on them and now i'm rubbing like crazy on the inside fender on large dips. I'm lowered on Neuspeed Race Springs. Would swapping my wheels to a +45 offset solve my rubbing issue or do I need camber? It also rubs in the rear as well, and when I got around to doing an alignment the VW Techs said I was slammed on my nuts in the rear and there was nothing I could do. Do I need a +45 offset as well as smaller tires, like a 235/40? I tried running 225/40 and it works but the stretch looks horrible on RSE's. Thanks!

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Hello Everyone,
Sorry for digging up an old thread but i'm in desperate need of help. I just got rotiform rse's in an 18x8.5 et 35, tried running 245/40/18's on them and now i'm rubbing like crazy on the inside fender on large dips. I'm lowered on Neuspeed Race Springs. Would swapping my wheels to a +45 offset solve my rubbing issue or do I need camber? It also rubs in the rear as well, and when I got around to doing an alignment the VW Techs said I was slammed on my nuts in the rear and there was nothing I could do. Do I need a +45 offset as well as smaller tires, like a 235/40? I tried running 225/40 and it works but the stretch looks horrible on RSE's. Thanks!
i'm running 18x8.5 +44 w/ 8mm spacers on 235/40/18 ps4s lowered on coilovers (slightly lower than vwr springs) and i don't rub. try running narrower tires and/or camber