Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I'll be running a summer setup this year with the following:

Konig Deckagram 18" x 8.5" Et 43 square

Firehawk indy 500 255/35

I'm moderately lowered on b16s. I know I'll need to do the fender mod, but is there anything else that I'll need to do to make these fit? Removal of plastics or rolling required?

Hoping they'll clear my Macan brakes without spacers as well!

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
looks tough. think i might shop for some 17's now...

I like the meat, but not so much the looks. Might try 18s next lol

Im running a similar setup with a little bit of rub in the rear wit 15mm spacers in the rear and 10mm up fron. 19x8 +49 245/35r19
Did you remove your dust cap to run the 13mm spacer? I have a 12mm but it wont fit over the cap.
Did not have to remove dust cap. I use APR/Modded Euro spacers as their hubs are not tapered. The tapered ones are the ones that fuck you.

Can't get over how good it looked with the Rotiforms. That rear fender is what mine looked like before I raised it. I think 13mm spacer is a little aggressive. Maybe put the 5 in the back and nothing in the front
I do miss the Rotiforms for the looks. But the roads here in NYC were brutal on them. MIGHT try 18's next as long as I can still run a 40series tire, at minimum. And not too sure which setup you're referring to on the spacers.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti

Did not have to remove dust cap. I use APR/Modded Euro spacers as their hubs are not tapered. The tapered ones are the ones that fuck you.

I do miss the Rotiforms for the looks. But the roads here in NYC were brutal on them. MIGHT try 18's next as long as I can still run a 40series tire, at minimum. And not too sure which setup you're referring to on the spacers.
idk man i dig it. i'm not one to usually like smaller wheel setups but you did it perfectly imo.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

The 9" wheels. I had a whole bunch of rubber on the fender from rubbing so much, similar to yours. So doing maybe a smaller spacer would lessen that

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
The 9" wheels. I had a whole bunch of rubber on the fender from rubbing so much, similar to yours. So doing maybe a smaller spacer would lessen that

My issue is the fuel filter cover and rear struts. I rub on those with the 265s so a 17mm spacer was my only solve. Fun times. Like I mentioned, I don't think I'll be keeping this setup for a long period of time.

roy2535

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone running 10" width wheels here? I have seen quite a number of cars running 9.5" wheels on this thread but I don't recall anything beyond that. I would like to run 255/35/18 tires for the thinner sidewall profile, compared to 245/40/18 tires on 9.5" wheels (I like the stretched look). I know for a fact I would need camber plates. I am trying to find out if this setup would rub at full lock.

I have test fitted numerous sets of wheels on my car over the years and below are some of my insights:
1. While the front strut for mk7 gti/r has a diameter of 55mm, that refers only to the portion which sits inside the knuckle. Some of the coilovers (e.g. Bilstein PSS10, Ohlins) maintains the 55mm diameter all the way through while others (e.g. Aragosta) expands to a larger diameter, reducing inner clearance.
2. 18x9.5" et44 (Rays ZE40) would rub against the strut at the front. I was on Racingline Tracksport at the time (55mm diameter all the way) and I would say an additional 2-3mm is needed.
3. 18x9.5" et40 (which a number of people on here have) works, but there might be room beyond that if you're willing to run additional camber.
4. The wheel/tire combo I am thinking about is 18x10" et35 & 255/35/18. With -2.5/3 camber up front, -2/-2.5 at the back.

Matsuda

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hi there, first time poster here

Here's my car with Superspeed RF03RR 18x8.5 +35 on 235/40/18. No rubbing and lowered on neuspeed springs

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I think the stock Austin's are 18x 7.5, so probably the largest tire the wheel can handle is 235/40-18. If you go to wide the tire will bulge out too much. Discount tire direct and Tirerack will tell you for the size tire you want to run the maximum rim width for the tire.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
I think the stock Austin's are 18x 7.5, so probably the largest tire the wheel can handle is 235/40-18. If you go to wide the tire will bulge out too much. Discount tire direct and Tirerack will tell you for the size tire you want to run the maximum rim width for the tire.
thanks I was looking for taller, I'll ask em

yositoco

Car(s)
Tacoma
I'll be running a summer setup this year with the following:

Konig Deckagram 18" x 8.5" Et 43 square

Firehawk indy 500 255/35

I'm moderately lowered on b16s. I know I'll need to do the fender mod, but is there anything else that I'll need to do to make these fit? Removal of plastics or rolling required?

Hoping they'll clear my Macan brakes without spacers as well!

Would like to know if they clear the brakes.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg IMG_3470.jpg IMG_3491.JPG IMG_3493.JPG IMG_3472.jpg

VW Atlas Prisma Wheels
Part# 3QF601025L8Z8
18x8 ET34
235/40R18 Kumho Ecsta 4X II KU22 All Season

Fender screw mod done long time ago, but it still rubs on front fender(-liner).
Any tips what to do next ?