398.1 KB · Views: 758
  • _DSF0009-2.jpg
    _DSF0009-2.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 731

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
No pics yet, since car is filthy, but I put mine on as well.

Rather than taking the sides and stock spoiler off, I opted for some black pop rivets. Tightened them till the extension compressed to the car. It squeezed the 3m tape tight enough for my liking. Didn't want to strain the acrylic around the holes.

I used the "exploding" type of rivets. Think hollow point mushroom. They sell them on Amazon. Got the large flange ones. They look perfect.

Super happy with the new look as well as the 5 minute install.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
No pics yet, since car is filthy, but I put mine on as well.

Rather than taking the sides and stock spoiler off, I opted for some black pop rivets. Tightened them till the extension compressed to the car. It squeezed the 3m tape tight enough for my liking. Didn't want to strain the acrylic around the holes.

I used the "exploding" type of rivets. Think hollow point mushroom. They sell them on Amazon. Got the large flange ones. They look perfect.

Super happy with the new look as well as the 5 minute install.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Can you link the ones you used along with some pics? Installing mine later this week, and might want to go this route...thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Honestly, their recommended install procedure is really easy. You can't really fuck it up and the results are great. I don't see how you could line up the extension properly without taking the spoiler off anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Just finished installing the rear lip spoiler and also the front lip from aerofabb.

Didn’t take the bumper off to install the front lip, didn’t feel it was needed. Excuse the dirty car, she needs a bath!

For the lip spoiler I ended up just following the instructions to install. Pretty hot day, used a exacto knife to cut the oem 3m tape/silicone to separate the side fins from the actual spoiler. Didn’t put new 3m down as I will he installing cf side fins later this week.

Added CF side fins

Last edited:

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
So is a heat gun really needed to separate the OEM spoiler from the side fins?

I didn’t need a heat gun, although it was a really hot day...upper 80’s. I used a exacto knife to cut the old oem 3m tape and separated the spoiler from the fins that way.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
For those that have already installed the spoiler, was drilling needed for anything? According to the instructions you need to drill holes in the spoiler but they are already there. Unless these are different holes but for me it's hard to tell in the instructions.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
For those that have already installed the spoiler, was drilling needed for anything? According to the instructions you need to drill holes in the spoiler but they are already there. Unless these are different holes but for me it's hard to tell in the instructions.

You need to drill the holes in the factory spoiler if you are flowing the aerofabb directions.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Happy to report after a few weeks and a few spirited runs up to 130 mph, my spoiler has held on just fine with 3m tape only (no bolts). Ftr, i did add a little more 3m, just a few strips in a few spots that i assumed could use more strength.

And it looks sooo good in person :D

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Has anyone used a car cover with the Aerofabb wing? I used the one I already have and it ended up pulling the wing down. The 3M tape was starting to separate. Any suggestions or workarounds so that the wing does not get pulled down by the car cover? Sometimes I have to park outside and like to use the car cover when the car is clean.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Did you just tape it or install it properly?