GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Add this to the list of reasons to stick with stock DV...

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I have the CTS DV (not BOV). I slapped it on almost a year ago before the general consensus was to just stick with the stock (well, that I knew anyway)

I was doing some data logging tonight with lots of hard pulls, and by the end of it my intake noise started sounding a bit different and I wasn't getting a lot of power. It felt like someone stuffed a sock in my CAI, and that combined with the sound it was making made me think my DV was dumping boost. Well I got home, and sure enough, this sucker just popped right out of the DV:

I put some E6000 glue around it and stuck it back in... Time will tell if it holds I suppose. On a side note I was super proud of myself for quickly and accurately diagnosing what the problem was! I totally called it while I was driving. :cool:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Sounds like pretty much exactly what GrizzlyTV had happen to him:

Yep almost exactly! Luckily mine didn't snap off like that did, seems like the connector literally just popped out... I'm hoping sticking it in with the E6000 will be enough but if it keeps popping out I'll have to switch back to stock DV (which I probably just should anyway, but I have no clue where it is)

Also to note mine didn't quite go into "limp mode," I still had some decent power but it was at like 50%. Turbo was still spinning like normal and my boost gauge which is tapped from the intake manifold was still showing full boost... so that's kind of interesting and confusing to me at the same time.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Good to know.. I may not try the DVX like I was hoping but we'll see

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
This isn't any benefit at all to replacing the DV. Only negatives. When the highest hp cars (outside of fully build engines) on this platform are using the stock DV...leave it alone!

Finally get some good stock parts, everyone still has mod fever and throws them out.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
This isn't any benefit at all to replacing the DV. Only negatives. When the highest hp cars (outside of fully build engines) on this platform are using the stock DV...leave it alone!

Finally get some good stock parts, everyone still has mod fever and throws them out.

Exactly, not only the DV but the intake and suspension are also pretty awesome for a stock car. Tires on the other hand, those need to go asap!

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Yep, like the JB1/JB4 vs. NPM debate I think we can call this one case closed. The stock DV is good for 500+ HP. Aftermarket BOV's/DV's can cause tune problems or physical problems like this.

It's funny too, because the guys about wanting a BOV for sound, usually don't even have an open cone intake in the first place.