GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Even without you going to the dealer yet, the grey dealer seems stubborn, and I’d guess likely won’t move much regardless of comps. I’d just start trying the hour to get the low miles one!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Even without you going to the dealer yet, the grey dealer seems stubborn, and I’d guess likely won’t move much regardless of comps. I’d just start trying the hour to get the low miles one!

I might be a little biased, but I'd much prefer grey. And while $3k wouldn't break the bank, I'd rather pay $29.6k for the 2020 w/ 18k miles than the $32.6k for the 2021 with 1,300 miles. But I won't pay over $30k for that car. If they won't even budge less than $2k, I'll go buy that 2021.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I don't understand you. You have one of the best GTI's in North America most likely, and because you feel hair on your tongue you want to trade it all away.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What can I say... I'm a mysterious, complicated guy...

And I wouldn't go that far. My car is great, I love my car and what I've built up. But there's still plenty of GTI's in North America nicer than mine.

And I get it. I'm pulling a Simone Biles. Some people will think I'm crazy and won't understand.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And it's too bad he didn't win more games.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
@Acadia18 I know that you have a ton invested but to just walk away now seems pointless when you're so close. You have so much invested now I would bite the bullet and schedule a remote dyno tune and get this worked out with either tuner in just one session. In less than 2 hours on the dyno you'll be finished.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@Acadia18 I know that you have a ton invested but to just walk away now seems pointless when you're so close. You have so much invested now I would bite the bullet and schedule a remote dyno tune and get this worked out with either tuner in just one session. In less than 2 hours on the dyno you'll be finished.
That will not resolve his concern / issues or internal battle.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That will not resolve his concern / issues or internal battle.
I don't know what the issues or internal battles are and it's none of my business but wouldn't it solve the concern that everything is running properly?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Like, here's what I spent on the brakes:

View attachment 235435

I also have some leftover seals and piston o-rings I'd toss in from a rebuild kit. My "Here's what I'd like to get for my stuff" spreadsheet has probably $800 for that full kit. Shipping would probably be another $150 on top of that at a rough guess. Without the rear rotors and pads.

That's also last years prices. Inflation hit those rotors like a bitch. I paid $484 for all four of those rotors. Buying them now is $875. Jesus fuck. I paid $1,300 for this setup less than a year ago, same setup would probably cost $1,800 - $2,000. Dear lord.
If you're serious about a part out I'm serious about taking the macan calipers. You have my number just lmk. We can work something out.

If you need something to swap in I can give you my stock fronts (non-pp). Hell I can FCP the rotors so you'll have brand new front rotors before trading it in.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you're serious about a part out I'm serious about taking the macan calipers. You have my number just lmk. We can work something out.

If you need something to swap in I can give you my stock fronts (non-pp). Hell I can FCP the rotors so you'll have brand new front rotors before trading it in.

Don't need anything. Have my original calipers, rotors and pads for both front/rear. I am serious about it, but will know more this weekend. I'll let you know.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
it's none of business

Except he has posted and explained his concerns more than a few times not only just in the few last pages of this thread built also in the confessions thread on a Public forum for all to read.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion