GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

About to hit 70K recommended services?

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Any recommended *major* services I should do to my car?

Just upgraded my coil packs to APR, so that's fine, spark plugs are new, and replaced brake pads.

Any other major parts I should look at to be replaced? I am tuned as well.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
What car? What trans? I hope you kept your old coils.

16 gti, mt.
And old coils were going out (they were stock...)
I also did flush the transmission with new fluid 4 months ago or so. The car hasn't had any issues, so I just want to make sure it stays that way.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
16 gti, mt.
And old coils were going out (they were stock...)
I also did flush the transmission with new fluid 4 months ago or so. The car hasn't had any issues, so I just want to make sure it stays that way.

Never heard of coils going out before. They either work or don't. How about flush coolant and brake fluid etc. Check the manual.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Never heard of coils going out before. They either work or don't. How about flush coolant and brake fluid etc. Check the manual.
Yeah, the coils were doing pretty bad. Thought it was the sparks, but it wasn't. Replaced the coil packs, the car runs like brand new now.!

Also, for sure. Thanks for reminding me about the coolant. Probably time to flush that out.

Also just did brake fluid. I may do the inspection at VW though. I have a leak but I think I know where it is. Other than that I'll check with the manual, thanks.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Changed the ac filter? Air filter? Pcv? Blasted the intake valves? Fuel filter?

seems like you covered everything else.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Changed the ac filter? Air filter? Pcv? Blasted the intake valves? Fuel filter?

seems like you covered everything else.
AC filter has been changed, air intake needs to be cleaned, and I have yet to do the pcv, fuel filter has been changed, and I have not blasted the intake valves. Only reason is because I'm still trying to determine if I want to go watermeth. But I'll probably blast the valves anyways.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is changing the fuel filter a thing? I could have sworn that I read the fuel filter is built in to the fuel tank and a lifetime kind of thing?

No?

I've never heard of a fuel filter that needs replaced either.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Is changing the fuel filter a thing? I could have sworn that I read the fuel filter is built in to the fuel tank and a lifetime kind of thing?

No?
yeah the only filter in the system is the sock on fuel pump in the basket. not sure how a mechanic could just "replace it" as the only way to pull the pump assembly from the basket is to drill the plastic welds.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Fuel filters aren’t forever. Sure, if you’ve used nothing but top tier premium the filter will last longer. But it is a consumable item.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
OP, look at your owner's manual for what needs to be done at 70K miles.
I just finished reading it, everything pretty much checks out. I have some really minor work to do on the car.
Just wipers, coolant, and clean the valves. All else checks out. Car is running pretty well too. So I can't complain too much.