GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

60-100 mph times

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Where are them slow golfs at?

Stage 0, stage 1, stage 2 ... anyone? Lol

Just look back at my slightly older posts pre-Vortex. They are only from 2 months or so ago. My car was definitely slow for an ethanol tune. But the Vortex is eating pretty well for it's weight.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Back in july I paired up to a c8 in a 12 sec class money race. He let out at 3/4 track and still beat me. Those things are no joke off the line.

Attachments

• 20200725_201600.jpg
    20200725_201600.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 83

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I mean, a C8 does the quarter in 11.3 @ 121. You cant expect to touch that on a stock turbo with a ots tune...

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
130? More like 117.
misread the article in my infant care stupor...

Article says 121 tho, still 11.3 isnt really attainable normal fuel stock turbo R

Last edited:

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Just look back at my slightly older posts pre-Vortex. They are only from 2 months or so ago. My car was definitely slow for an ethanol tune. But the Vortex is eating pretty well for it's weight.
Cool! Thanks, found it - not sure how i missed it. So what were the mods on that 5.7 run?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Cool! Thanks, found it - not sure how i missed it. So what were the mods on that 5.7 run?

FBO minus exhaust. Boost was peaking around 26-27psi and tapering to 24psi @ 6000rpm. Timing was around 15 degrees with e35-e40 in the tank. Did have the spare and tool kit removed, but plus kids seats. So right around stock weight.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
FBO minus exhaust. Boost was peaking around 26-27psi and tapering to 24psi @ 6000rpm. Timing was around 15 degrees with e35-e40 in the tank. Did have the spare and tool kit removed, but plus kids seats. So right around stock weight.
Now I see what you meant with your earlier comment. Good to see Vortex kicking a$$.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Apparently, I need to be closer to a half of a tank on my runs...and have a lower DA..and run the slowest boost ramp-in file I have when temps are this cold...and use the tailwind to my advantage.

Really only wanted to get into the 3.8x range, but this will do. Stoked to say the least.

Screenshot_20201015-131857.png