GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

220volt

Ready to race!
God, I wish.
If I was buying a new car I would probably go BRZ over the NC but if they can cut it another 2-300 pounds and keep that 170ish hp I think it will be a BRZ killer.

My problem with MX5 and BRZ was the lack of usable torque. And it is not easy to get more power and torque without adding turbo. I really had to rev it up all the time to get into the fun zone. Some people like that, and I do too sometimes, but can't have it as my daily. GTI fulfilled everything I wanted in a car, plus awesome interior and sound system :)

Merkle

Banned
True, NC has no torque, and doesn't really shine until 5k, but that's how it goes.

You have have your nice interior and sound system, I'll just be over here, drifting all the corners. ;)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why don't they add a meager 50lbs and make it a 200hp car at 2300lbs... the weight difference between the 1.5-2.0 can't possibly be that big.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Why don't they add a meager 50lbs and make it a 200hp car at 2300lbs... the weight difference between the 1.5-2.0 can't possibly be that big.

This.

I think they will though. He'll, a 2350 pound 1.5t with 220 hp and some torque would be killer.

220volt

Ready to race!
True, NC has no torque, and doesn't really shine until 5k, but that's how it goes.

You have have your nice interior and sound system, I'll just be over here, drifting all the corners. ;)

GTI is no slouch in corners :D

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Because marketing. The Cayman chassis could handle 450hp, too. There's a reason they don't do it.

butchered by autocorrecr

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2016/top-2016-Mazda-MX-5-Miata.html