GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Made one in ABS and sanded it (100, 220, 320, 400, 600). Might be a little louder WOT?
I have an extra one if anyone with a APR PEX wants to try.

Attachments

• IMG_9728.jpeg
    IMG_9728.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9729.jpeg
    IMG_9729.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 73

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Made one in ABS and sanded it (100, 220, 320, 400, 600). Might be a little louder WOT?
I have an extra one if anyone with a APR PEX wants to try.

Looks good and ABS will hold up much better to the engine bay temps.

I have one on my IE intake idk if it makes it any louder or not.

Best improvement in sound I made was installing a K04 🙃

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
So my lazy rear end finally decided to install my Meanwell power supply on my Ender 3 only to have the Ender 3 power cycle every time I tried heating up the nozzle. After some troubleshooting, I realized that I had a lose DC in connector my skr mini e3. Looks like some of solder fell off. My soldering skills are not the best but I manage to get by. That being said, I had a hell of a time trying to get solder to stick to the legs. I think I have it sorted for now but I still need to test it in a bit. I was debating if I should just pick up a new one.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Well, my botched job didn't work. Can't get skr mini to power up. Guess I'm getting another one.

On a different note, is anyone running the Bambu Lab Carbon? if so, what are your thoughts. It's pretty pricey but pretty cool.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I’d love an X1C but I’d probably go with a P1P. With the o line interface of the Bambu app and their slicer don’t think you need the nicer screen and you can add sides (enclosure) for not that much money. Plus that will save money for an AMS unit.

If I didn’t have my Prusa’s I’d have a Bambu Lab machine. I’m a Prusa fan after owning one but the MK4 could have been better especially when compared to Bambu and the Creality K1.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
P1P is $100 off.

https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/p1p

Have been working on mostly custom stuff lately. A bracket to mount my Eufy camera, made some gaskets for the HASS CNC at work and fine tuning some of my hose adapters. Have not tested the gaskets yet on the CNC, I’m curious how well they will work. Had some sales from Etsy that weren’t my boss buying stuff which was nice lol. Working on making some more Eufy brackets to list online.

IMG_0350.jpeg
IMG_0355.jpeg
IMG_0426.jpeg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
IMG_9793.JPG
IMG_9794.JPG
IMG_9796.JPG

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Might as well throw my hat into the ring

Ender3V2 with a BLTouch and solid mounts. Wham Bam build plate(awesome upgrade)
It runs Klipper currently with Octopi.

Some useless dollar store stuff I’ve printed:

Dual Z upgrade. This was a fun build.
IMG_6591.jpeg

Bullseye parts duct
IMG_6592.jpeg

Case for the Raspberry Pi with Hyperpixel touch screen
IMG_6593.jpeg

I bought 2 of these at a steal and they are worth their weight in gold.
IMG_6594.jpeg

I store my filament in here. Added a second gasket and threw in a reusable desiccant dryer.
IMG_6595.jpeg

For the most part it gives me no shit. When I do stupid stuff, stupid stuff happens. I usually slice my models and send them over the network and check on the print via webcam or sometimes walk downstairs.

If I get a second printer I’m building a Voron.

Last edited:

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
For those that may have missed it, I really enjoy projects that allow me to learn new stuff and push limits. I have one project that is long term, I’ll get to this, but I like shorter term projects that can be done quickly.

I won’t rehash it here but there is a thread I posted about the boost gauge I designed and built from scratch. All the electronics, code, housing and wiring were all original. I have a version 2.0 rolling around in my head I may or may not get to.

For the long term, any Portal fans? I have been designing and building an Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device colloquially known as a Portal Gun. Started off simple and has ballooned into the current iteration. It went from simple LEDs to Neopixels, Arduinos, and sound boards. Thousands of lines of code, god knows how much money and tons of years later…still not finished, but I’m getting close. I pivoted the ill fitting handmade parts into consistently printed parts. They will be sanded and painted in final form. Unfortunately, every time I think I’m coming to a close, I figure out something to change or upgrade. I need to stop that. Onto pics.

This part was a real challenge to design. It was very satisfying to finally get it right.
IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

This will house the bulk of the electronics
IMG_6599.jpeg

IMG_6600.jpeg

Plates to hold electronics
IMG_6601.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

Anyway you get the idea. Eventually it will be finished. I’m currently working on a new battery system for it. I need to make a line in the sand and just say it’s done.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
That's a pretty neat idea on that boost gauge. Lots of skill there for sure.

I've playing with the idea of making my own gauge pod for a boost gauge for the tiny driver side window that seems to serve no purpose. I like your idea of the throttle body plate. Going to have to borrow that one when I get around to creating my own gauge pod.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
That's a pretty neat idea on that boost gauge. Lots of skill there for sure.

I've playing with the idea of making my own gauge pod for a boost gauge for the tiny driver side window that seems to serve no purpose. I like your idea of the throttle body plate. Going to have to borrow that one when I get around to creating my own gauge pod.
thanks. It was a fun project for sure. I like doing practical stuff if I can, maintains focus a lot easier than stuff where I have more freedom. I considered the little window too. With the screen, the shade, and the Arduino all in there, it just wasn’t an option for me. While this one does the job, it ended up being more of a proof of concept at the end of the day.

The plate wasn’t my idea. I believe @toothofwar posted it and I stole it from him. It’s a clean solution which I like. Good time to clean the throttle body too.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Very cool stuff.

My favorite things to make are practical things as well.

What CAD software are you using?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Very cool stuff.

My favorite things to make are practical things as well.

What CAD software are you using?
I use FreeCAD, it works well enough and is free so I can't complain. Everything I have read says starting a new CAD program is starting over, there is very little that carries over. My friend who is much better than me at this stuff tried Fusion 360 a bunch of times and cannot gel with it, so for efficiency, I stay in my lane.