GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 gti se dsg no farts :)

Car(s)
2020 gti se dsg
Hello everyone. After a long separation from my 2012 I got a new 2020 gti se dsg today car is great better than the one I had before with tech stuff. I'm definitely not wowed with the dsg though. 6speed dsg and 7 speed dsg is way different. I definitely liked the old ones better .not much I can do at this point. I also realized there is zero fart sound from exsaust with upshifts. My older 2012 was great and had that distinctive fart sound. This one has zero. Anyone knows why? Is it because of the newer 7 speed dsg??

I will be getting a downpipie tune and exsaust in 6 months anyways but surprised there is zero sound from exsaust for a 2020

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah the factory tuning on the MK6 DSGs was wayyyy better than the factory tuning on the MK7 DSGs, both 6 and 7-speed (250/381).

MK6’s KO3’s spooled instantly and legitimately gave you full torque by 2K RPM, and the DSG typically wouldn’t shift till 2.1-2.4K which isn’t the case with the IS20/MK7 DSG tuning.

And now with the DQ381/7-speed DSG, the programming makes it drive like a torque converter. Even weirder, I’m currently in a MK7 Jetta 1.4T/8-speed tq converter loner and the transmission shifts faster and is more responsive than the DQ381 on the 2019 GTI loaner I had last year.

I’ve gotta admit, I don’t love the styling but the Mk7 Jetta is an awesome value. I got 45 mpg computer calc’d (so let’s just say 40) on the ride home from the dealer going 75 in cruise essentially the whole time. My Alltrack with the 1.8 and 4Mo does 29-30 at 75, and the Jetta feels well-powered from the factory, being lighter and more nimble. 184 ft-lbs of torque between like 1200 and 4K RPM, and the transmission really didn’t suck for a slush box.

Last edited:
Car(s)
2020 gti se dsg
Also I just got rid of a 6.4 scatpack lol so I'm definitely missing some exsaust notes lol. But I love my new car handles like a champ no more v8s for me

Car(s)
2020 gti se dsg
Jokes aside I hope this condensation in the headlight goes away. They said because it's been sitting on the lot. Never seen or heard anything like this ever . Let's see if theyvare right

Car(s)
2020 gti se dsg
Just curious, what was the motivation to go from Scat Pack to GTI?

I missed the handling and fun part. Yes no doubt scatpack is a beast. Head Turner and definitely a killer on straight line. Zippiness of a small peppy car for me is more fun . Wish I found a r but there were none . Also myblease ended and the insane price I got before 356 month now they want 6gs down with 585 a month. No way I'm spending that much . That's insane .

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Just curious, what was the motivation to go from Scat Pack to GTI?

“It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, than drive a fast car slow”

I’ve had some hellaciously fast cars in my day, but I always seem to find myself back in a nimble little thing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
“It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast, than drive a fast car slow”

I’ve had some hellaciously fast cars in my day, but I always seem to find myself back in a nimble little thing.

I would prefer a fast nimble little thing.

Reefa123

Car(s)
Volkswagen
Hi can anyone help me please as I have a golf Mk7 1.4 tsi 2015 petrol and I need a bottom radiator outlet temperature sensor plus plug, I have a picture but I don’t know which is the right one, can anyone help me please with the correct part number.
thanks

Attachments

• DAE63AFA-1251-4DB3-89C6-976A8B3EAE72.jpeg
    DAE63AFA-1251-4DB3-89C6-976A8B3EAE72.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 65