GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 SE with 6500 miles throwing codes for the turbo.. help (attached log from obd11)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
OP, in your situation I would pursue buyback or lemon law.
I don't understand how? It's gone into limp mode a few times and it's been in for service to look at it once right? The lemon laws and buy back deals all are going to require you to allow VW several attempts at fixing it - the OP hasn't given them that opportunity yet.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Options

1) call service manager and discuss. He may be willing to help more.

2) Call til you find a dealer that has a loaner and willing to figure out the problem.

3) no one willing to help, write your experience in a Google and yelp review

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
I don't understand how? It's gone into limp mode a few times and it's been in for service to look at it once right? The lemon laws and buy back deals all are going to require you to allow VW several attempts at fixing it - the OP hasn't given them that opportunity yet.
They mentioned buyback on the phone. So I dont really know what it entails.

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Options

1) call service manager and discuss. He may be willing to help more.

2) Call til you find a dealer that has a loaner and willing to figure out the problem.

3) no one willing to help, write your experience in a Google and yelp review
1. I talked to each one before I left and it didnt help.
2. That may be what I have to do.
3. I will but once this is over... I dont want to burn bridges yet lol.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
OP my car also has an issue with the turbo. My car was just out of warranty and I needed to open a case with VW to see if they could offer some assistance. It took me over a month to get confirmation that VW will provide assistance.

Now that I have confirmation, the turbos are currently on back order (at least in Canada). I'm on a wait list until the part becomes available. I haven't been able to drive my car since mid July. Luckily I have been working from home and have my wife's MK5 GTI to use. I honestly never thought the MK5 with over 300K km would be more reliable than my 3 year old stock MK7.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that even though the dealer finally looks at your car, you might be waiting for a turbo.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

I thought he said it was in twice, once at each dealer, and he still has the problem. One dealer mentioned a buyback.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
OP my car also has an issue with the turbo. My car was just out of warranty and I needed to open a case with VW to see if they could offer some assistance. It took me over a month to get confirmation that VW will provide assistance.

Now that I have confirmation, the turbos are currently on back order (at least in Canada). I'm on a wait list until the part becomes available. I haven't been able to drive my car since mid July. Luckily I have been working from home and have my wife's MK5 GTI to use. I honestly never thought the MK5 with over 300K km would be more reliable than my 3 year old stock MK7.

Just wanted to give you a heads up that even though the dealer finally looks at your car, you might be waiting for a turbo.
ECS tuning is showing that they'll ship out part # 06K145874Q in 2-5 days. parts.vw.com also doesn't seem to indicate they're out of stock either. If they seem available here in the US, I wonder what's going on in Canada? It's a real bummer you're stuck waiting so long. :(

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
I thought he said it was in twice, once at each dealer, and he still has the problem. One dealer mentioned a buyback.

Do'h yeah its been in twice, not once. But it was VWoA that mentioned the buyback when I said I was fed up just trying to get my car fixed and I mentioned I had been getting ready to post my car for sale so they brought it up to me that assistance could be an option. I dont really feel comfortable selling my car with it even now working w/o lights, I know they'll be back. It usually waits 3-4 days then screws me in limp mode again.

ECS tuning is showing that they'll ship out part # 06K145874Q in 2-5 days. parts.vw.com also doesn't seem to indicate they're out of stock either. If they seem available here in the US, I wonder what's going on in Canada? It's a real bummer you're stuck waiting so long. :(

I read that too from someone else I think that they were waiting

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
From my appointment yesterday the dealership wrote up:

"Found multiple DTC for boost control actuator. Upon test drive unable to duplicate customer concern at this time. Found DTC to be passive/sporadic. Performed test plan. Found to pass all test plan at this time. Was able to successfully perform basic settings. Cleared all DTC. If condition continues recommend VTA for further DIAG no repairs made at this time."

Finally took the time to really read it last night.. I should get a call from VWoA soon regarding my case.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
This sucks man. Hope for the best for you. Honestly I might let that bitch burn to the ground. Sorta make that dash light up 😉

Little “danger to manifold” lol.

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
VWoA said the buyback language was a miscommunication, but he will do what he can to get my car fixed for me. I really believe none of this. The buyback talk was initiated by the rep on the phone. And this trade in talk is me just taking the car to the dealer to do a trade. "we will do what we can within the warranty to fix your car" - no you wont. You havent done anything. This warranty sounds great till you try to make use of it.

What.a.joke.

VW just fix this car so I can sell it. Im really just done with this brand all together.

I sound like an entitled asshole but really they brought up buyback and trading the car in and helping me out. They are just liars. Why bring it up if youre just lying to me to make me happy? I just want the car fixed... Fix my car so I can sell it. I cant do that now in clear conscious.

Last edited: