GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI colors

Which color new 2019 GTI looks best (non rabbit colors)?

• Dark iron steel blue metallic

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Tornado red

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Pure white

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • White silver metallic

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Deep black pearl

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
He’s been doing this all over the forum. What trim, when to buy, used vs new, infotainment screen size, satellite radio ready or not, what color.

I know buying a big ticket item is not a comfortable thing when you are getting started... but come on man, it’s time to sit down and figure out what YOU value.

Has our world been so ruined by social media, that adults are incapable of making a personal decision without group think?

I’d hate to see what happens when the choice actually matters.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
He’s been doing this all over the forum. What trim, when to buy, used vs new, infotainment screen size, satellite radio ready or not, what color.

I know buying a big ticket item is not a comfortable thing when you are getting started... but come on man, it’s time to sit down and figure out what YOU value.

Has our world been so ruined by social media, that adults are incapable of making a personal decision without group think?

I’d hate to see what happens when the choice actually matters.

Well when to buy is a good question to discuss, I wasn’t sure how fast VW inventory goes away past December also the same about what people are doing about no Sirius radio in the rabbit. Those are the only two I’ve really asked, better to be informed.

Regarding color, I’ve been thinking dark iron blue but I think I might get bored with it fast. It is kinda a blah color at night and in overcast but it’s a unique to GTI color. I’m currently in a white car and wanted different but you can’t really go wrong with white.

Someone sent me a pic of tornado red gti they just bought and it looked great, lol, which prompted this thread. I prob couldn’t do red though, hides red accents

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The white silver is actually sick looking in person.

I'll never get tired of my completely Rick rossed out mk7.5 though.. timeless and there's not alot of murdered mk7s out there. (Tint, lights, emblems, license, everything, Deep black pearl, black Pretoria wheels)

Attachments

• IMG_20191118_142058738_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191118_142058738_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 369

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Just go to the dealership and look. I am probably going to be flamed for this... I really wanted Great Falls Green, but I thought the car's red accents clashed too much with the green. My second choice was Tornado Red. It looks really good in pictures, but in person, the hue was too orange for me. I wish the red was a few shades darker. White Silver looks awesome when the suns out, but with the constant overcast here in Seattle, it just looks like its dirty all the time. The 3 dealers I went to, didnt have Dark Iron Blue, which I probably would have chosen if it were available. I ended up with a black one, making this my 3rd black GTI. MK3, MK5, now MK7.5.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Just go to the dealership and look. I am probably going to be flamed for this... I really wanted Great Falls Green, but I thought the car's red accents clashed too much with the green. My second choice was Tornado Red. It looks really good in pictures, but in person, the hue was too orange for me. I wish the red was a few shades darker. White Silver looks awesome when the suns out, but with the constant overcast here in Seattle, it just looks like its dirty all the time. The 3 dealers I went to, didnt have Dark Iron Blue, which I probably would have chosen if it were available. I ended up with a black one, making this my 3rd black GTI. MK3, MK5, now MK7.5.
not from me, the Green is such a cool color for this car, and tornado red looks great on any Gen GTI/GLI

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Getting opinions about color choices in a forum is just going to create more confusion. Life is too short to get other's opinions on this especially when this is your first brand new vehicle.

PS: You could have added a poll to your existing thread rather than creating a new one.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Getting opinions about color choices in a forum is just going to create more confusion. Life is too short to get other's opinions on this especially when this is your first brand new vehicle.

PS: You could have added a poll to your existing thread rather than creating a new one.

Let’s relax a little, Im certainly not going to get a color based on what someone else likes. This is just discussion. Dark iron blue is the one I would pick and has been since I saw it first come out but there aren’t that many color options. I’m not fully sold on it though to be honest. I tend to like bright and lighter colors. I’ve seen the white silver metallic and doesn’t do much for me.