GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
yeah, actually it is.....

I'm going to assume that you are thinking I'm the guy that fell off the back of a turnip truck, so I'll try to explain it to you in terms that you can understand.

When there is a problem that people are complaining about and the car has been in a couple of time for repair and it wasn't repaired (the circumstances depend on the state), you can ask the manufacturer to buy the car back as a "lemon."

Here, VW was struggling with finding a fix and were quite liberal with buying these cars back because they didn't have a fix. These cars sat in lots until some tech somewhere said "hey, let's try this software fix". This fix actually worked and VW applied that fix to those "lemons" they had sitting around and sold them.

In general, you'll see lemons sold in batches because as a fix is found and applied, they are released for sale.

Like others have said, if this is the reason for the branded title and you don't care about a quick resale, then these can be a great buy.

Oh, lemon layer cake is pretty good.
Lol I said nothing about Trump, or you personally

edit yeah i misread this guys post, didnt have my glasses on,

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
It wasn't a "youtube layer", it was a "you tube lemon layer" - a far more legitimate source.

I'm assuming that was a typo on Judas' part, but he doesn't understand lemon laws.

This also isn't your average "lemon" because here we have good reason to believe that the fix works and is easy to apply. Most lemons are different - they are "one off" issues where there isn't a clear cut repair.

Lol, its funny that everyone in youtube has become an expert and people get their “facts” from them! Its takes a little bit of effort to learn about lemon law and how its applicable in this particular scenario. Also i prefer this over his lemon layer.

Getting back to the topic: I would consider a Rabbit 6MT, if stalling was the reason for buyback and if i was planning to keep the vehicle for a long time and not worried about reasale value.

cb1111

...Getting back to the topic: I would consider a Rabbit 6MT, if stalling was the reason for buyback and if i was planning to keep the vehicle for a long time and not worried about reasale value.
Right. Here we had the "uh-oh, we have a problem", "we have a real problem", "we really, really have a real problem" to "Got it! Wow, what an easy fix"

If the stalling issue was the only reason for the buyback and the price was very good, then I'd jump on one of these if I were in the market.

cb1111

The Phoenix heat has gotten to him or he has a reading problem.
Maybe it is dyslexia (which is a real issue and I'm not making fun of it), but if that is the issue, then he needs to take more time to read and comprehend before he responds.

I'm also not that smitten with his choice of user name, but that really IS his problem.

LGriff86

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Urano 6MT Rabbit
Wow that got bad fast boys. Gotta take info from a bunch of sources. The forum is one way to use crowd sourcing and take advantage of the collective knowledge of a lot of people who have exposure to various aspects of a given issue to arrive at the best conclusion on how to proceed.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Maybe it is dyslexia (which is a real issue and I'm not making fun of it), but if that is the issue, then he needs to take more time to read and comprehend before he responds.

I'm also not that smitten with his choice of user name, but that really IS his problem.
Man u must be a great person to know in real life🤓

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
its funny how a lemon lawyer trying to help people gave facts on lemon laws on youtube, hes been doing lemon law for over 20 years, he posted it to help people, so yes id take his info over a forum anyday, also like i said ive researched this for about a month because i was going to buy a lemon buyback rabbit

I'm pretty sure cb1111 is employed in the industry and is well versed in the Magnuson Moss warranty law. I won't comment on the YouTube lemon lawyer other than to say he is getting paid every time someone clicks on his videos.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Right. Here we had the "uh-oh, we have a problem", "we have a real problem", "we really, really have a real problem" to "Got it! Wow, what an easy fix"

If the stalling issue was the only reason for the buyback and the price was very good, then I'd jump on one of these if I were in the market.
so jim says your alright, ill believe him,
so if you buy a lemon title new car in az, where there is no lemon title brand law,
when the title transfers over, does that get rid of the lemon brand?
or does it always stay with the vehicle?
i didnt realize only a few states have a lemon buyback brands law
and if so, how do you tell if your car did previously have a lemon brand

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
VIN search like carfax has branding information. Honestly, see my post above. If lemoned for stalling I wouldn’t hesitate.

cb1111

so jim says your alright, ill believe him,
so if you buy a lemon title new car in az, where there is no lemon title brand law,
when the title transfers over, does that get rid of the lemon brand?
or does it always stay with the vehicle?
i didnt realize only a few states have a lemon buyback brands law
and if so, how do you tell if your car did previously have a lemon brand
I'm not sure how individual states handle branded titles and there are ways of titling cars in different states to "wash" a title, but that isn't something you really need to worry about at this time (maybe in a few years, but not now) and even then it is usually pretty obvious - a car that is sold in a neighboring state where there was lots of flood damage recently, then resold in a couple of other states in a short time span, is an indicator that it might be a flood damaged branded title that has been washed.

Here, if you see a branded title 2019 GTI manual that was one owner, then the dealer can tell you if it is a lemon buy back due to stalling.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not sure how individual states handle branded titles and there are ways of titling cars in different states to "wash" a title, but that isn't something you really need to worry about at this time (maybe in a few years, but not now) and even then it is usually pretty obvious - a car that is sold in a neighboring state where there was lots of flood damage recently, then resold in a couple of other states in a short time span, is an indicator that it might be a flood damaged branded title that has been washed.

Here, if you see a branded title 2019 GTI manual that was one owner, then the dealer can tell you if it is a lemon buy back due to stalling.
Well shit, I was all ready to settle and keep my mk7 gti s, ive literally wanted a rabbit since I was a kid ,it was the first car I saw and said I was going to get one someday,now I'll have to think about it