GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Here the dealer sent me this screenshot of the "Reacquired Vehicle Disclosure Statement".

Something I am confused about is that 2019 DSGs require an ECM update as well. What exactly did they change between 2018 and 2019 that caused these issues?

Attachments

• 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI paperwork.PNG
    2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI paperwork.PNG
    292 KB · Views: 155

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Here the dealer sent me this screenshot of the "Reacquired Vehicle Disclosure Statement".

Something I am confused about is that 2019 DSGs require an ECM update as well. What exactly did they change between 2018 and 2019 that caused these issues?

That’s the ticket right there. I wouldn’t worry about that “lemon”.

what caused the issue? Nobody knows, but some have speculated it could be some form of extraterrestrial interference to prevent VW from conquering interstellar space.

just for the love of all you find holy, do not bring up oil viscosities.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

what caused the issue? Nobody knows, but some have speculated it could be some form of extraterrestrial interference to prevent VW from conquering interstellar space.

VW knows they just aren't saying what it was. They had to have figured out what caused the stalling or they couldn't have fixed it.

cb1111

Well shit, I was all ready to settle and keep my mk7 gti s, ive literally wanted a rabbit since I was a kid ,it was the first car I saw and said I was going to get one someday,now I'll have to think about it
Good luck. This isn't your normal run of the mill lemon issue.

cb1111

You know, it could have been the oil viscosity.....

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I put the VIN into Carvana to see what they would buy it for compared to my 18 SE with 34K miles and they subtracted over 10K for mechanical defects making it worth about $12K lol

As some of you wrote, it's probably only a good deal if you are going to drive it into the ground. I think I would really miss my plaid seats as well, I'm really not a fan of the leather.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
I put the VIN into Carvana to see what they would buy it for compared to my 18 SE with 34K miles and they subtracted over 10K for mechanical defects making it worth about $12K lol

As some of you wrote, it's probably only a good deal if you are going to drive it into the ground. I think I would really miss my plaid seats as well, I'm really not a fan of the leather.
It’s not a real gti without the plaid seats lol
edit that’s just my opinion

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

VW issued a TSB to address this issue for DSG as well. Not a lot of DSGs are affected and i have not seen any issues in mine so far.

Attachments

• TSB - DSG stalling.pdf
    348.4 KB · Views: 126

CFB_GTA

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone ever done a dyno on a before and after software flash to confirm if any change to drivability? 0.0001% chance of something changing, but just thought I'd ask.