GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Meh I'm probably just going to stick with my 2018. I don't drive too many miles so it should last me a while. Every car I've owned I've bought used I always get the urge to have a brand new one but then I think of all the stuff I could buy for my 2018 with a tiny fraction of the money.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I put the VIN into Carvana to see what they would buy it for compared to my 18 SE with 34K miles and they subtracted over 10K for mechanical defects making it worth about $12K lol

As some of you wrote, it's probably only a good deal if you are going to drive it into the ground. I think I would really miss my plaid seats as well, I'm really not a fan of the leather.

The dealer salesman just emailed me today and told me if I buy the 2019 whenever I want to trade it in they will give me fair market value (ignoring the branded title). Do you think that makes it more acceptable?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The dealer salesman just emailed me today and told me if I buy the 2019 whenever I want to trade it in they will give me fair market value (ignoring the branded title). Do you think that makes it more acceptable?

It helps but you would be at the mercy of that dealer if you decide to trade it in later.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
What if the sales guy who gave the word (in writing) leaves the dealership?

There are tons of dealers who would give great deals through email or phone but the numbers would change once you step into the dealership. You have a dealer giving a word on buying back this vehicle in future!? Unless otherwise i have a good realtionship with the dealership, its an agreement written on water. Also, fair market value is very subjective.

We4nolans

Passed Driver's Ed

My first thought was will they give fair market value for a car with a clean title or fair market value for a car with a branded title? You also would be in a position where you are pretty much locked into buying from that dealer.

That being said we love our Rabbit and haven’t had an issue since the first month. If you’re to keep it a while it could be a good deal.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
My first thought was will they give fair market value for a car with a clean title or fair market value for a car with a branded title? You also would be in a position where you are pretty much locked into buying from that dealer.

That being said we love our Rabbit and haven’t had an issue since the first month. If you’re to keep it a while it could be a good deal.

Fair market value as if it had a clean title. They emailed me back again today and said I could trade it in or sell it to them and the same would apply.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Fair market value as if it had a clean title. They emailed me back again today and said I could trade it in or sell it to them and the same would apply.

It sounds like a good deal but you're still at their mercy to determine fair market value. If they would tie it in the Kelly Blue Book value it would help. If the dealership will put it in writing not by an individual but the dealership itself I would do the deal.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I would buy it but plan on keeping it long enough that depreciation would make it not worth much anyways...however, why buy the same car again? Is there a reason you are getting rid of yours (sorry if I missed it and too lazy to go back and look)

hyddro

Car(s)
GTI 2019 SE 6MT
This entire tread went to sh*t in a few months.

new to the forum but wanted to add my 2 cents.

Bought 19 SE 6MT in april at 16miles. I inquired about the ECU flash for stalling issues and he showed me the car had indeed the flash update. Nearing 3000 miles and have not had a single stalling. Maybe it did fix it? Veyr happy with the car.