GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I have a 215F thermostat internals kit that I can swap into my thermostat. Got it it for this possibility. It will help for the street. Not sure how it would impact track temps. Hopefully I have sufficient headroom built into my cooling system that it doesn’t impact track temps negatively.
So one more time - why are your oil temps so low? Which oil cooler do you have? I've read up on the Racingline one and it sounds like it drops it some but not a ton. I believe you can also run less coolant/more water which helps with the oil heat exchanger.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Added CSF radiator and CSF Aux cooler to add cooling headroom for the track. Plus 19-row setrab oil cooler because I was getting 275F oil temps last fall with my IS20.

The low oil temps have been in the last week when ambients have been in the low 50’s during highway driving.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Added CSF radiator and CSF Aux cooler to add cooling headroom for the track. Plus 19-row setrab oil cooler because I was getting 275F oil temps last fall with my IS20.

The low oil temps have been in the last week when ambients have been in the low 50’s during highway driving.
Perhaps there's a easy way in the cooler months to block airflow to the oil cooler?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Ok see them from the link. I don't see anywhere where you can buys those? Same as APR but with smaller rotors. Which pads are using?
FWIW PB no longer sells kits for cars. Per an email from them:

We no longer cover street, track or race applications as we are focused purely on the 4x4 market/off-road and Dakar applications.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Perhaps there's a easy way in the cooler months to block airflow to the oil cooler?
I’ll use tape or a piece of cardboard to block the cooler.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Found my boost leak. Got boost leaking from my APR top plate. Phew. Glad I found out what was wrong.
APR is going to make it right.
I hardly got any oil in my catch can compared to my racingline catch can.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Found my boost leak. Got boost leaking from my APR top plate. Phew. Glad I found out what was wrong.
APR is going to make it right.
I hardly got any oil in my catch can compared to my racingline catch can.
Then whatever catch can system you're using now isn't effective.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
That's a vacuum leak not a boost leak.

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Then whatever catch can system you're using now isn't effective.
most catch systems block off the head oil return, the apr one doesnt, so that may be part of it. The apr plate seems like good design, but almost everyone I heard use, it has had leaks, which puts me off of it. I'm still trying to decide on a plate myself.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
most catch systems block off the head oil return, the apr one doesnt, so that may be part of it. The apr plate seems like good design, but almost everyone I heard use, it has had leaks, which puts me off of it. I'm still trying to decide on a plate myself.
Is this nicer/new APR one? I've heard that is an excellent catch-can.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Is this nicer/new APR one? I've heard that is an excellent catch-can.
It's the best design for gen 3 engive I've seen, but I read tons of stories from people on facebook and instagram that run it, and alot of them complain about leaks they got. Its discouraging because I was seriously contemplating it (new apr).

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
After I tuned my IS20 I was getting more fluid in my racingline CC at the track. I had to empty it each day.
All I had with the APR CC is 50ml after 2-days. It definitely appears to be a better design.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
It's the best design for gen 3 engive I've seen, but I read tons of stories from people on facebook and instagram that run it, and alot of them complain about leaks they got. Its discouraging because I was seriously contemplating it (new apr).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasVWMK7golf/permalink/4939813492704525
https://www.facebook.com/groups/EQTVAG/permalink/1027926084708970

I've been following this guy who is trying to remedy all the leaks, in case you haven't seen it. Annoying that end users need to fix basic stuff like correct o-ring sizes.