GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
LOL :lol: ^

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lol.. Max, it says in the article that its mostly mule coverup body panels, with the wrx front.. they said it is wider, etc.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
lol.. Max, it says in the article that its mostly mule coverup body panels, with the wrx front.. they said it is wider, etc.

I knos but it doesn't help the lulz :laugh:It is odd that they are using such tiny wheels/tires. So it could be testing for something other than WRX ...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
also true!

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
They were right about that dash, though. :laugh:

butchered by autocorrecr

:)

If I already hadn't owned a GTI, or currently own an R I was getting rid of, and if I didn't have worries about the regular failure points we see, I would totally still want a MK7 GTI or later, R.

If I had never sat in, or drove the WRX and STI and felt the terrible quality of the internals, or heaviness of the brakes and the grabby clutches I would still want one of them.

Putting them against each other and trying to forget about the flaws in each, I think the GTI wins since it just drives more tamely when you're trying to simply get from point A to point B.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
You hit the nail on the head. I think for most magazines, the temptation is strong to promote a car that the broadest swath of users would enjoy. They wouldn't want to recommend the purest driver's car for fears that their reputation will take a hit when your everyday reader hates the ride or NVH and complains.

butchered by autocorrecr

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
You hit the nail on the head. I think for most magazines, the temptation is strong to promote a car that the broadest swath of users would enjoy. They wouldn't want to recommend the purest driver's car for fears that their reputation will take a hit when your everyday reader hates the ride or NVH and complains.

butchered by autocorrecr

Accurately summed up MOST car reviews, people think they want hardcore but really just want above average. Power stats alone never make up a complete review.

I was lucky enough to think this way when I got my GTI, I very nearly got a STI or Genesis without first thinking about what would overall be the most enjoyable.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Accurately summed up MOST car reviews, people think they want hardcore but really just want above average. Power stats alone never make up a complete review.

I was lucky enough to think this way when I got my GTI, I very nearly got a STI or Genesis without first thinking about what would overall be the most enjoyable.

I thought that way when I got my GTI, then I realized I was letting normal people poison my mind. You're not hardcore (no you're not hardcore), unless you live hardcore (unless you live hardcore), and the Legend of the Rent was Way Hardcore :happyanim:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
When I got the GTI I wanted something that could do anything. I needed an all-rounder, but wanted some fun. Thinking back, I'd have enjoyed making the sacrifices and going hardcore. Rwd in the winter type thing. That said I still appreciate the gti for all its well-roundedness. What I really want is a hardcore car to compliment it.

butchered by autocorrecr

barische

Go Kart Champion

New lighting lap results