GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Wouldn't that only be for the low pressure pump?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
You are correct my mistake. But wouldn't that be enough to fuel a larger turbo new to vw/audi
No. The only reason you would need a different controller would be for a larger than stock lpfp. Our stock lpfp is the same as the gti on fwd and the R on AWD models. So you are essentially looking at mpi with something larger than a 525 pump for the need of the controller. Plenty of guys have used the stock controller with a separate ground. Without mpi, the first step is the hpfp and then would be injectors

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
No. The only reason you would need a different controller would be for a larger than stock lpfp. Our stock lpfp is the same as the gti on fwd and the R on AWD models. So you are essentially looking at mpi with something larger than a 525 pump for the need of the controller. Plenty of guys have used the stock controller with a separate ground. Without mpi, the first step is the hpfp and then would be injectors

What does your boost curve look like now with your HPFP? How much E?

UnderdogA3

Passed Driver's Ed
Got it thank you sir. And getting the hpfp to work is the nightmare you have been dealing with. Thanks for all the info u provide it has been helpful to me new to the platform

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What does your boost curve look like now with your HPFP? How much E?
Currently still on 93. My car has been parked for over 2 weeks now. I believe you are close to the city to know what's going on. Boost is mostly flat. No real peak and taper. It still needs some tweaking though to be 100%. Once things flatten out I need to get some logs. Maybe I can finally get the ethanol sensor finally hooked up in the downtime. I did get some injectors delivered last week as well. That is another project though

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Currently still on 93. My car has been parked for over 2 weeks now. I believe you are close to the city to know what's going on. Boost is mostly flat. No real peak and taper. It still needs some tweaking though to be 100%. Once things flatten out I need to get some logs. Maybe I can finally get the ethanol sensor finally hooked up in the downtime. I did get some injectors delivered last week as well. That is another project though

Been working from home and mostly only going out to get food and supplies. I have done a few late night drives just to get outside. I don't interact with anyone or get out of my car when I do that. Hope things are okay with you and your family right now.

What's the boost at? I believe Ian was only at like 20 psi with the 1.8 w/HPFP he tuned previously. I'm currently peaking at 23-25 (depending on temps) and tapering to 19-20 by 6000ish. I'm not sure if the extra PSI i'm running is putting me in the area of diminishing returns. It's too bad Maestro doesn't have real time tuning, or I'd consider renting dyno time to figure that stuff out.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Been working from home and mostly only going out to get food and supplies. I have done a few late night drives just to get outside. I don't interact with anyone or get out of my car when I do that. Hope things are okay with you and your family right now.

What's the boost at? I believe Ian was only at like 20 psi with the 1.8 w/HPFP he tuned previously. I'm currently peaking at 23-25 (depending on temps) and tapering to 19-20 by 6000ish. I'm not sure if the extra PSI i'm running is putting me in the area of diminishing returns. It's too bad Maestro doesn't have real time tuning, or I'd consider renting dyno time to figure that stuff out.
I'm more than 20 and more than 20 at 6,500 ?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Screenshot_20200214-170036_OBDeleven.jpg

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
How much fuel are you shooting in to that thing at 6300? I'm already seeing a little bit of knock at 9 degrees at 20 psi around there.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
How much fuel are you shooting in to that thing at 6300? I'm already seeing a little bit of knock at 9 degrees at 20 psi around there.
I just let Ian do the magic work now. It was hard to let control of, but the dragy tells me it's working. No real knock at all. Minor corrections here and there. Like 1.5 at most. Usually under 1 or zero. For the OBDeleven reading, the top pressure in bars is boost. You have to remove atmospheric out of it. So it is around 23-24 psi. I'm at sea level and can have negative DA. It was at 6,450 rpms. This is just on 93. He is going to tweak it a little to take out some of the boost though up top. Just to be easier on the turbo. Once I do the flex fuel sensor, the file will then adjust depending on the ethanol content.
According to dragy, my 60-100 times are just about matching my best jb4 e30 times. That was with the jb4 maxed with FOL 100. I'm about 8-9 tenths quicker than jb4 on 93. Can't wait to see what it does on e50

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I just let Ian do the magic work now. It was hard to let control of, but the dragy tells me it's working. No real knock at all. Minor corrections here and there. Like 1.5 at most. Usually under 1 or zero. For the OBDeleven reading, the top pressure in bars is boost. You have to remove atmospheric out of it. So it is around 23-24 psi. I'm at sea level and can have negative DA. It was at 6,450 rpms. This is just on 93. He is going to tweak it a little to take out some of the boost though up top. Just to be easier on the turbo. Once I do the flex fuel sensor, the file will then adjust depending on the ethanol content.
According to dragy, my 60-100 times are just about matching my best jb4 e30 times. That was with the jb4 maxed with FOL 100. I'm about 8-9 tenths quicker than jb4 on 93. Can't wait to see what it does on e50

I'm going to be extra jealous when you have flex fuel and it's adjusting by itself. I really take a lot of pleasure in tuning myself, even if the results are mediocre. Hehe.