GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Oil on spark plug threads?

Yeah I feel like I may be in the same Boat as you. I will check them in a few hundred miles and if it’s still present illl talk to VW.
  2. S

Have you noticed any driveability issues?
  3. S

Where in the service manual is it located?
  4. S

Unfortunately for me I’m out of warranty. But right now I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll check the plugs again in a few hundred miles to see how they look. No misfires right now but I’ll keep an eye on things. Looking for tutorials if I DID have to change the seals… seems tough though.
  5. S

Could it maybe a bad spark plug tube seal?
  6. S

Hi all, I have a 2015 mk7 with 78k miles that I bought a few weeks ago. I wanted to upgrade the coil packs and install new spark plugs as I was worried they might be the original plugs and the car apparently has a stage 1 tune. I’ve never done plugs before but Install went fine and the car is...
  7. S

The Mk7 OEM wheels thread

Kinda funny, I'm looking at a set of Audi Flat Five's for sale locally for around $400 and was just mocking up what they'd look like on my mk7 with stock springs. I kinda like the look since they feel a little more classic OEM. My current wheels are essentially Audi knock offs which I don't...
  8. S

Does anyone recognize this component in the engine bay? Is mine aftermarket?

So far I've been liking it. I've tried a few other short shifter setups in some other cars and I really didn't like them but this one feels very notchy and even.
  9. S

I don’t have the performance gauges on my head unit. It’s a 2015. Here's the engine:
  10. S

Slow dripping water under chassis after parking?

Here's a video and photo of what's happening after parking. Yes I've been using the AC. It hasn't been excessively humid here though. I end up with a spot of liquid on the driveway that's about the size of a frisbee. I believe it's water as it appears clear and doesn't smell like anything. I'm...
  11. S

I stupidly figured you need to leave the Cobb accessport plugged in 24/7 for the tune to be in effect, but clearly you don't. Perhaps it was tuned and wasn't reverted back to stock before the car was sold? What would happen if I asked VW to scan the ECU? The car has 78k miles so I'm not too...
  12. S

Well, I thought it might have been. I called APR and Unitronic to see if they had the VIN in their system and neither could find anything. Anywhere else I should look?
  13. S

Thank you!! That makes so much more sense haha. There's an aftermarket weighted shift knob on the shifter, and it feels good but is a little hard to find neutral, and knowing there's this short throw adapter on it definitely clears things up. Now I wonder what else was done.... hmm
  14. S

Just purchased this used 2015 mk7. I was adjusting the intake and noticed what looks like a cnc’d aluminum part further down. Looks aftermarket to me. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks for any help.
  15. S

Buying a mk7 with replica Audi 9 spoke wheels. Anyone know anything about these? They're super wide.

Here’s an idea… the dealer has another used gti on the lot and it has stock wheels. They offhandedly said they’d swap these wide wheels with the stock ones when I mentioned these looked like they weren’t the same spec. You think that’s worth it? Would I need a new alignment or any other...
  16. S

Buying a mk7 with replica Audi 9 spoke wheels. Anyone know anything about these? They're super wide.

I drove the car and It doesn’t seem to be causing any issues but need to double check tomorrow. I’m wondering if they are something like these wheels but they’re only 8” wide. The ones on the car seem wider…. I assume narrower wheels wouldn’t be hard to swap in? Just pricey...
  17. S

Hi everyone. New member here. I am buying a used 2015 mk7 with some mild upgrades. The most visible of which being this set of aftermarket wheels which from my research seem to be replicas of Audi 9 spoke wheels. I say replica as there aren't any markings on these wheels that indicate they're...