GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone recognize this component in the engine bay? Is mine aftermarket?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Thank you!! That makes so much more sense haha. There's an aftermarket weighted shift knob on the shifter, and it feels good but is a little hard to find neutral, and knowing there's this short throw adapter on it definitely clears things up. Now I wonder what else was done.... hmm
Remove the engine cover and take a picture of the engine bay, we will tell you if anything else is done.

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
I don’t have the performance gauges on my head unit. It’s a 2015.

Here's the engine:
IMG_2995.JPG

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I don’t have the performance gauges on my head unit. It’s a 2015.

Here's the engine:
View attachment 226946
Doesn't look like there's much else to see from that pic, but what about behind the engine? Looks like the stock dp has come off before (looks like the bolt head is facing the firewall), but can't tell from pic if it's back on there or an aftermarket pipe

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Doesn't look like there's much else to see from that pic, but what about behind the engine? Looks like the stock dp has come off before (looks like the bolt head is facing the firewall), but can't tell from pic if it's back on there or an aftermarket pipe

Attachments

• 4DF21AAD-0223-46FF-B9A3-AE18AE78EE81.jpeg
    4DF21AAD-0223-46FF-B9A3-AE18AE78EE81.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
yup, looks like it had an aftermarket downpipe before but he returned it to stock before selling/trading it

(unless im remembering it wrong, but im pretty sure that bolt faces the other way from the factory)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
yup, looks like it had an aftermarket downpipe before but he returned it to stock before selling/trading it

(unless im remembering it wrong, but im pretty sure that bolt faces the other way from the factory)
The head faces the firewall from the factory. I've installed DPs on a few MK7s now. It's always a PITA and I always rotate the vband clamp when I put it back in.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It didn't evenly shorten the top and bottom throw. Felt weird. Ended up going with the audi short shifter and it feels much better.
Haven't noticed that with mine. Wouldn't that be an issue with the shifter alignment? It did take me a few tries to get it aligned just right after the dealer tech butchered it