GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone recognize this component in the engine bay? Is mine aftermarket?

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just purchased this used 2015 mk7. I was adjusting the intake and noticed what looks like a cnc’d aluminum part further down. Looks aftermarket to me. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks for any help.
ADC1183E-0539-43E8-93D7-923078313EED.jpeg

AE5B84CC-7736-4AAB-93DE-A2FAEDF695CB.jpeg

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I’m sure it was never tuned …

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Could have been tuned with Cobb but idk how could you know for sure unless you go to a dealer and let them scan your ECU.

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Could have been tuned with Cobb but idk how could you know for sure unless you go to a dealer and let them scan your ECU.
I stupidly figured you need to leave the Cobb accessport plugged in 24/7 for the tune to be in effect, but clearly you don't. Perhaps it was tuned and wasn't reverted back to stock before the car was sold? What would happen if I asked VW to scan the ECU? The car has 78k miles so I'm not too worried about the warranty.

The good news is the car is an absolute blast to drive and very quick....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I stupidly figured you need to leave the Cobb accessport plugged in 24/7 for the tune to be in effect, but clearly you don't. Perhaps it was tuned and wasn't reverted back to stock before the car was sold? What would happen if I asked VW to scan the ECU? The car has 78k miles so I'm not too worried about the warranty.

The good news is the car is an absolute blast to drive and very quick....
I would have them scan it since the warranty doesn't matter.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
If tuned the dealer will flag it td1 so your warranty will be compromised if not void it, but at 78k miles it shouldn’t matter too much…