GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying a mk7 with replica Audi 9 spoke wheels. Anyone know anything about these? They're super wide.

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi everyone. New member here. I am buying a used 2015 mk7 with some mild upgrades. The most visible of which being this set of aftermarket wheels which from my research seem to be replicas of Audi 9 spoke wheels. I say replica as there aren't any markings on these wheels that indicate they're actual Audi made. The thing I'm wondering is if anyone has seen these before, and if anyone can comment on the wide stance these wheels seem to give. The previous owner says there aren't any spacers/adapters installed but from the photos you can see that the wheels protrude about an inch past the wheel wells. The tires are 255/35ZR18 so they're quite wide.

Anyone seen a setup like this before? I need to confirm there's no clearance issues but I'm just curious if anyone thinks these will pose any issues with the car's setup or if they should be fine. I figure I can always just swap for narrower wheels/tires in the future if there's an issue, right? Thanks for any insight.

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. Did you actually drive the car and do the tires rub the fenders when you hit a bump? What are the actual specs on the wheels?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Are those 10" wide wheels? Most people don't usually go wider than 8.5". You can get wider wheels to fit, but you need the right offset, suspension, and camber. There isn't anything you could do to fix these wheels, but it doesn't look like it's causing any problems. Your biggest problem is you'll just end up on the rice spotted threads for looking like a dork with mexi-poke wheels.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I drove the car and It doesn’t seem to be causing any issues but need to double check tomorrow. I’m wondering if they are something like these wheels but they’re only 8” wide. The ones on the car seem wider…. I assume narrower wheels wouldn’t be hard to swap in? Just pricey?
https://www.oewheelsllc.com/AU04-18...4WpZYtXwUB8dMpehev94BU9bD7Mv-onhoCPMsQAvD_BwE
You would need new tires too. A decent set of aftermarket wheels can be bought for $1k-1.2k, but there are cheaper options and you might be able to find some used oem vw wheels with tires for under $1k. Tires by themselves are another $700-$1k.

Syncmaster

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Here’s an idea… the dealer has another used gti on the lot and it has stock wheels. They offhandedly said they’d swap these wide wheels with the stock ones when I mentioned these looked like they weren’t the same spec. You think that’s worth it? Would I need a new alignment or any other adjustments going back to narrower stock wheels? They’re 2014 autobahn wheels

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Here’s an idea… the dealer has another used gti on the lot and it has stock wheels. They offhandedly said they’d swap these wide wheels with the stock ones when I mentioned these looked like they weren’t the same spec. You think that’s worth it? Would I need a new alignment or any other adjustments going back to narrower stock wheels?
Alignment wouldn't change and I would take them up on the offer.