GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Front Differential leak at ~5500 miles, common?

Interesting thread as my MY2020 MK7.5 sits right now at the dealer for the diff leak. They will be swapping seals and let's see what happens. Car was originally dropped off for the free oil change at 15k miles. At least I have a loaner Tiguan to play around with.
  2. R

Limited slip differential

subscribed since my 2020 MK7.5 is at the dealer with the same problem now at the 15k mile service interval. I dropped off the car for the free oil change and recall service just to be told that they discovered the LSD seal leak and will be fixing it under warranty as well. I'd love to know if...
  3. R

Direct Injection carbon deposit cleaning

Just to give you guys an idea. Here is what my MK7 MY2015 looked like last year at about 100k miles. I decided to give the valve clean a go since you could feel the car being sluggish at low revs, especially when starting from a stop and in low 2nd gear. There was a ton of carbon buildup...
  4. R

SOLD: Ed's Replica LED Headlights for MK7.5 GTI - Chi Town burbs

No tougher than changing brake pads. Takes about 90min if you remove the bumper cover which is like 8 screws. There are YT videos on how to do it easily
  5. R

SOLD: Chi-Town: Ed's Replica LED headlights MK7.5 GTI

Bump. Source has the next shipment into the warehouse for Mid February. These are available right now without the wait.
  6. R

SOLD: Ed's Replica LED Headlights for MK7.5 GTI - Chi Town burbs

bump for immediate availability. Online store for Ed's replicas has the next shipment arriving to the warehouse mid February.
  7. R

BUMP, First $500 takes it. This is over $100 less than what these are sold for by the source.
  8. R

No, these are for 7.5 and will not fit the MK7.
  9. R

BUMP get yourself a Christmas gift and much needed improvement in road visibility during the dark months :) Lights still available
  10. R

On my 2015 i installed lights without removing the bumper and later when I was switching back to stock, I removed the bumper to swap out the lights. Honestly, removing the bumper makes it for so much easier install. The bumper is easy to remove and there are plenty of videos showing how to do...
  11. R

at the discounted price, they're very tempting. :)
  12. R

Chicagoland Chat Thread

anyone needs a set of LED Ed's replica GTI headlights for MK7.5 GTI? new in box, located in western burbs $575 same as the BEC website
  13. R

WTB: BEC MK7.5 Headlights for MK7 GTI

I have brand new ones with Red GTI stripes . Located in Chicago but can ship for $625 all in.
  14. R

Chicagoland Chat Thread

I've been battling a similar issue for few months this year on my '15 GTI. Swapped plugs, coils and finally an injector to no avail. Compression test was next and it revealed that the exhaust valves were not sealing. Ended up pulling the head and machine shop had to do a valve guide job.
  15. R

Golf 7 R20 Replica HID Headlights

My lights finally arrived last night despite UPS website still showing no movement on the tracking number that was provided. Will be looking to install them today or tomorrow.