GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Upgraded master and slave cylinder

@JerseyDrew77 I bought the clutch in July of last year and it was installed shortly after it arrived. I did a lot of research around the clutch and do recall that being an issue, but mine was metal which was one of the reasons I went with this. I’m not sure if they did the bleed or not and not...
  2. E

Upgraded master and slave cylinder

Hey folks hoping to get some advice. About 6 months ago I upgraded my clutch to a stage 3 dkm twin disc setup. Last night on my way home from work I blew my slave cylinder on the clutch. Car is currently running a stage 2 setup, it’s my daily driver and I don’t abuse it. Spoke with my...
  3. E

Gas Quality Debate Shell, Petro, etc.

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve heard very similar things before about shell, but that was mostly from diesel guys. I’ve been running either petro 91 or 94 or ultramar 91 or 94. I prefer the ultramar but they are sometimes tougher to find. Not only do I get better mileage but I find the car...
  4. E

thoughts on DKM STAGE 3 CLUTCH

I’ve got the dkm stage 3 on my R as a DD. The chatter isn’t as bad as I was expecting, it’s not constant which is nice. Definitely agree with 2slow about the 1-2 shifting. I’ve got 10,000km on the clutch, the heaviness subsided slightly as the clutch broke in further. Otherwise I’ve had no...
  5. E

EQT Stage 2?

I’ve been on EQT stage 2 for a couple months. Did some research and felt they were one of the better ones to go with. I’ve had no issues. Super smooth power delivery over my Cobb stage 1. I’ll be going with them for a custom tune in the spring once I line up some more parts. I have no regrets...
  6. E

Opinions needed... going from Stg 2 Mk6 GTI DSG into a 2018 Golf R manual or DSG?

I’ve got a 19 R manual. I’m running a eqt stage 2 tune, down pipe, intake and dkm stage 3 clutch. I was running a Cobb stage 1 tune for about 4 months on the stock clutch and noticed no issues. But with the stage 2 I did notice slippage which is why I upgraded. running with the stage 1 and...
  7. E

Unitronic Stage 1 Tune Review?

No I haven’t yet, but based on the feel of the clutch right now I’m debating it. I’m finding it difficult to get a smooth take off right now. Basically can’t feather the gas at the moment and need to just release clutch then hit gas after car is moving.
  8. E

Just picked up my R from the shop yesterday. Installed the DKM stage 3 twin disc. Big difference over the stock clutch, which was to be expected. Clatter isn’t as bad I was expecting and I’m hoping it settles down as the break in happens. The shifts in the car now are super smooth. Can’t wait to...
  9. E

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Dkm stage 3 twin disc clutch for my 19 R arrived this week. Just picked the car back up from the shop. Noticeable difference over the stock lol. So far so good, clatter isn’t as bad as I was expecting but hoping it dies down With time. Looking forward to getting out of the break in period so I...
  10. E

Id recommend the Cobb with EQT tune. I’ve got a 2019 golf R 6 spd. I ran the Cobb stage 1 for a while before I got the itch for more power. I recently pulled the trigger on an injen intake and CTS Catless downpipe. I’m now running the EQT stage 2. Huge difference, super smooth power delivery, no...