GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded master and slave cylinder

edstigator

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6Spd
Hey folks hoping to get some advice. About 6 months ago I upgraded my clutch to a stage 3 dkm twin disc setup. Last night on my way home from work I blew my slave cylinder on the clutch. Car is currently running a stage 2 setup, it’s my daily driver and I don’t abuse it.

Spoke with my mechanic this morning who recommended I upgrade the master and slave due to pressure from the clutch. Has anyone upgrade this before, if so what/where did you get parts.
I'm assuming this isn’t exactly a common issue as I can’t find too much out there on this so any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
When did you buy the DKM clutch? Because the early versions came with a plastic slave cylinder, a.k.a. throw out bearing, and people were having issues with that failing. DKM eventually corrected that issue by providing a metal throw out bearing. I have the same clutch for years now and never had the TOB or master cylinder fail on me. Did your mechanic bench bleed the tob before installing it?

edstigator

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6Spd
@JerseyDrew77 I bought the clutch in July of last year and it was installed shortly after it arrived. I did a lot of research around the clutch and do recall that being an issue, but mine was metal which was one of the reasons I went with this. I’m not sure if they did the bleed or not and not sure they would recall at this point.
is it worth trying to file a warranty claim with DKM?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@JerseyDrew77 I bought the clutch in July of last year and it was installed shortly after it arrived. I did a lot of research around the clutch and do recall that being an issue, but mine was metal which was one of the reasons I went with this. I’m not sure if they did the bleed or not and not sure they would recall at this point.
is it worth trying to file a warranty claim with DKM?
yeah, but all you get is a TOB (100 bucks) the labor no matter what is "your problem"