GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Stage 2?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If you’re thinking about it, do it. Everybody loves them lol. It’s kinda win-win, you get incredible value (it’s more money than others, but also more power lol), and you’re supporting a small business not one of the big conglomerates like APR. it’ll be safe since their OTS tunes are updated frequently, and if you go custom route they’re literally looking directly at your engine and making it custom tuned so to me that’s safe.

do it! I really hope there’s a legit solution for 1.8 owners with EQT sooner than later because I want to go Stage 2 IS20 EQT on my Alltrack so bad. But I did just pay for APR Plus so I’m definitely riding that out to72K miles

NiTro78

Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
If you’re thinking about it, do it. Everybody loves them lol. It’s kinda win-win, you get incredible value (it’s more money than others, but also more power lol), and you’re supporting a small business not one of the big conglomerates like APR. it’ll be safe since their OTS tunes are updated frequently, and if you go custom route they’re literally looking directly at your engine and making it custom tuned so to me that’s safe.

do it! I really hope there’s a legit solution for 1.8 owners with EQT sooner than later because I want to go Stage 2 IS20 EQT on my Alltrack so bad. But I did just pay for APR Plus so I’m definitely riding that out to72K miles
Alright ill go for it thanks!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
EQT was the only tuner I even considered.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Can't complain at all. They make a very smooth tune, never hesitates, and makes good power.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Of all the tunes I've had on my car my EQT dyno tune is by far the best.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
What kind of hp and tq increase did you get

lol lloyd is like 400HP+, he’s either IS38 or Hybrid turbo. His story isn’t directly comparable to you just gettting a stage 1/2 tune.

but typical power figures for Stage 2 tunes are 290-320WHP/340-380WTQ.

a Unitronic tune is gonna be more like 290/340, and an APR/UM/EQT tune is gonna be more like 320/380, with the EQT possibly pushing past those figures. OTS EQT is definitely in that ballpark, custom dyno tune is definitely gonna be more (say 340/390, give or take)

edstigator

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6Spd
I’ve been on EQT stage 2 for a couple months. Did some research and felt they were one of the better ones to go with. I’ve had no issues. Super smooth power delivery over my Cobb stage 1. I’ll be going with them for a custom tune in the spring once I line up some more parts. I have no regrets about the upgrade, I’d recommend them.

signkutter

Ready to race!
I went EQT for a stage 2 tune...but i went with a custom tune vs off the shelf. I have had no problems with it. I am now going with a turbo upgrade and sticking with EQT as thier service has been solid and their product is reliable

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I’m currently eqt stage 2 on a 19 gti and I have no complaints great tune.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
lol lloyd is like 400HP+, he’s either IS38 or Hybrid turbo. His story isn’t directly comparable to you just gettting a stage 1/2 tune.

but typical power figures for Stage 2 tunes are 290-320WHP/340-380WTQ.

a Unitronic tune is gonna be more like 290/340, and an APR/UM/EQT tune is gonna be more like 320/380, with the EQT possibly pushing past those figures. OTS EQT is definitely in that ballpark, custom dyno tune is definitely gonna be more (say 340/390, give or take)

Are you quoting GTI numbers because those seem low for an R. My JB4 bolt on R made 350/350...