GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

2018 Autobahn paid off

What a great feeling, no more car payments! Still loving my GTI...the more I look at "modern" cars the more I hate the lack of climate control dials and physical buttons. I also prefer my analog gauge cluster...I think the MK7 is one of the best GTIs made so I'll be keeping it for while...
  2. S

***Update****Add me to the statistics (Water Pump fail and Sunroof creak)

For the sunroof creak, buy some Gummi Pflege. Tilt it up and run it along the back end of the sunroof where the rubber is. You are going to need it for the summer the creaks will come -- run inside the flap on the top of each front door - passenger and driver. I have zero creaks this forum...
  3. S

Creaking doors? Mystery solved

Interesting how we've all had different successes...I have never done anything to the felt -- just used gummi pflege inside the top channel and it's worked. I do it maybe 2x a year or as-needed. Don't think I've done it more than that but my god it's like a new car. I was have no rattles at...
  4. S

WHICH TIRE(S) SHOULD I CHOOSE? DILEMMA

I just got a set of Continental DWS06s man they are so nice...I had them on my old C230 Kompressor years ago should've ditched the OEM Hankooks earlier. I had them for 2 years too long!
  5. S

Does anybody use the automatic parking feature on the Autobahn?

I've used it..what I don't like is how close it gets the rims to the curb...it makes me nervous. The best thing you can do is get those power folding mirrors and have it dip for you. Using that and your camera is a lot safer for the rims.
  6. S

VW now offering dynamic mirror blinkers...

Yes, they are pretty bright I don't see them any dimmer than the OEM ones.
  7. S

VW now offering dynamic mirror blinkers...

Just bought mine and installed them...super easy. Out of curiosity I asked the dealer what they'd estimate install for and they quoted 2 hours. I did both in under 40 minutes. Ridiculous. Either way they look sick, great compliment to the gloss black mirror caps!
  8. S

Power Folding Mirrors with BSM

Just buy the parts with the BSM from e-acca like I did...it's a bit of a PIA to install this sh*t without having to rewire a damn mirror. The mirrors are cheap anyway why give yourself added complexity when these things only go for a little over 300 for a pair? I don't understand the logic. KISS
  9. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Man that is the exact color combo I had on my 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport but I had the hard top...miss that baby! Those are also the optional wheels I had too. Looks great.
  10. S

That looks really sick...I did more research and will be getting the TCR spoiler like yours...I assume it was fairly easy to install?
  11. S

Thanks, man! I got them from the dealer...I think $199 and already filed a 15% rebate so total cost was about $169...I'm thinking Rabbit spoiler extension next. Then I really need to stop. It's addicting.
  12. S

Gloss Black Mirror Caps Love the way they look...luckily no clips broken. Bought VW ones. ]
  13. S

SW Level for 7.5 GTIs with Discover Media NA

For those in North America, here is my Discover Media Info: Device Part Number: 3Q0035876B Hardware: 851 Software: 0842 Navigation Database: 3G0919866BH 0620 NAR 2017/18 If you have a similar part number and higher SW version please post. I want to see if a sw patch might fix the SD card...