GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. randomhobo130

DSG shifting by itself before redline

So I found only a brief discussion on this on vortex but nothing on here came up. My DSG will randomly shift by itself while in manual mode under moderate acceleration around 4k-4500 rpms. I'll be in second gear about to shift to 3rd and next thing I'll be in 4th because my car decided to shift...
  2. randomhobo130

Dashcam recommendations (People suck)

Well boys and girls, it's finally happened. Some jackass backed into my car while parked and dented my hood and scraped my front bumper a bit. Then they took off without a trace. That being said, this is the push I need to finally get a dashcam so if the bastard ever returns for round 2 I'm...
  3. randomhobo130

Steering wheel from aliexpress help

Ok, so I apologize if this has been asked multiple times but the search function on here is less than ideal. I know some of us have ordered the after market steering wheels from aliexpress and I've been thinking about it but I just don't know at what point you are able to choose your...
  4. randomhobo130

The classy alcoholics thread

Today is pay day and I decided to treat myself to a better bottle of whiskey than my usual (jameson). Looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance!
  5. randomhobo130

Anybody else getting this message when opening the forum?

Started as soon as the clock struck midnight last night (Jan 2 2021). Anybody else getting this message when they open the forum up?
  6. randomhobo130

Reaching out to our Canadian friends

Hello, I'm looking for some information. Quick backstory, my GF lives in Canada and I'm in the US. She is shopping for a new vehicle. I would love to go and help but alas, the border is closed off (thanks Rona). I am hoping some of you can give me suggestions for reputable/good to work with...
  7. randomhobo130

Sold

Selling my S&B intake. Comes with both oiled and dry filter (the latter being very recently purchased). Switching to a DSG with start/stop so it won't fit my new car but absolutely loved it in my 6MT. 250 shipped in the lower 48
  8. randomhobo130

Sold

Selling my wheel lock kit. Never used and brand new. Sold
  9. randomhobo130

FS Raceseng weighted shift knob

Selling my Raceseng Spherology shift knob with adaptor for manual transmission. Really well weighted and nice to shift with. Looks brand new. Selling due to switching to DSG. The VW logo on top is just vinyl and can be easily removed. Shift knob+ 6MT adaptor -$120 shipped
  10. randomhobo130

Mods Please delete

Entered under wrong subforum
  11. randomhobo130

SOLD

Selling my S&B intake. Comes with both oiled and dry filter (the latter being very recently purchased). Switching to a DSG with start/stop so it won't fit my new car but absolutely loved it in my 6MT. SOLD
  12. randomhobo130

Liked my GTI over an R. Am I crazy?

Decided to test drive a 2018 R today while my car was getting some service. Just came in on trade so tried to get a jump on it. The power was nice FOR SURE but i just couldn't bring myself to want it more than my 17 GTI SE. Has anyone else came to this conclusion or am I just batshit?
  13. randomhobo130

F/S: S&B air filter *FILTER ONLY*

Not sure if anybody would want this but throwing it out there. I have an S&B air filter (Cleanable cotton version) for sale. Didn't feel like cleaning and re-oiling so I switched it for the dry one. Filter is in great condition other than needing to be cleaned and fresh oil. Used for a little...
  14. randomhobo130

I promise I tried searching before posting

Ok, I know this has definitely been covered in detail at some point but I cannot find it anywhere in search. I'm looking at going to a 225/45/18 (Blizzak ws90) winter tire set up on stock suspension. I have a strong feeling there should be no issues other than a slight speedo change but I'm...
  15. randomhobo130

Aquapel removal?

I put Aquapel on earlier in the year and now it's wearing very unevenly. Its completely worn through where the blades change direction and most of my windshield is streaking/hazy. I more than likely didn't prep the glass properly before applying so it's not really a knock on the product itself...
  16. randomhobo130

Was looking at my local VW dealer the other dayyyyyyyy.....

https://www.basilvw.com/used/Chevrolet/2018-Chevrolet-Camaro-513abf620a0e0ae91b4daacee3dc08ae.htm I know it's not a VW but found on a VW site.(listing says Toyota but they share the same site/lot) only 25 of these made. 1000HP. Really kind of want to take a ride just to go look at it. Cool car...
  17. randomhobo130

Dropped 8mm socket in engine bay

Ok. Need some help. Dropped a socket in the engine bay back towards the turbo. Sounds like it landed on metal. Can't see it. Tried lifting the car up from both sides to hear it but nothing. Anyone else do this? I tried searching quickly but couldn't find anything. Yes, I'm very new at this and...
  18. randomhobo130

RSe10 wheel color suggestions

So i have a set of bronze RSe10s for my carbon steel gti. Unfortunately, one wheel got a bit scraped up during storage so I'm looking at getting the set painted. Google has not been kind in this search so I'm turning to the forum for suggestions. Let me know what you guys think would go well...
  19. randomhobo130

Just noticed this cut out in the floor

I was changing my cabin filter when i looked down and noticed this cut out in the floor on the passenger side. I'm not really worried about it or anything but just curious the reason for it. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  20. randomhobo130

EOC light in extreme cold?

EDIT: EPC* light... Damn phone I live in the Northeast where this snowstorm just hit and temps are in the negatives. Turned my car on to move it and the engine was running rough but I figured it was just cold so I left it on to let the engine warm up. Ran for about 15 minutes then when I went...