GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just noticed this cut out in the floor

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I was changing my cabin filter when i looked down and noticed this cut out in the floor on the passenger side. I'm not really worried about it or anything but just curious the reason for it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
I wondered what that’s for too.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Is there are version of the Golf/GTI that has an amp or something mounted under the passenger seat? If so, I'd guess that's the cutout where they run the wiring.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Is there are version of the Golf/GTI that has an amp or something mounted under the passenger seat? If so, I'd guess that's the cutout where they run the wiring.

Mk6 had the heated seat wire and bluetooth module under the seat. I can imagine maybe for the golf it has some different wiring possibly and the same carpet

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Mk6 had the heated seat wire and bluetooth module under the seat. I can imagine maybe for the golf it has some different wiring possibly and the same carpet
These both seem plausible. I was thinking strictly in terms of GTI and not across the entire Golf lineup. Definitely makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Not sure if it's related, but probably goes back to the wiring variations as mentioned above, but my MKV had the satellite radio box under the passenger seat in just about that location. Probably something similar that just ended up not being used, but was planned for.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Not sure if it's related, but probably goes back to the wiring variations as mentioned above, but my MKV had the satellite radio box under the passenger seat in just about that location. Probably something similar that just ended up not being used, but was planned for.

Yep, this is what it’s for, on some trim levels or cars with extra options fitted such as an amp the hole will be opened up to accept the fixing points, if you take a look right down to the body through the hole you should find a welded stud or nut.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Weird, 17 R here and I DO NOT have that cutout. Only cutout I have is on the right side of the seat where heated seat, air bag and occupancy sensor connectors are.

Is this a facelift thing?