GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. theDoktor

Rear brake caliper tool question

I need to replace the rear brake pads & rotors on my 17 Sport with the big brakes from the Performance Package. The piston in the caliper needs to be withdrawn into the caliper in order to fit the new pads. Unlike the front calipers, the use of a compression device to get the piston to retract...
  2. theDoktor

Service Manual link needed

All, I recently experienced a terminal hard drive crash and lost all my bookmarks. (My system backup had stopped and I didn’t know it. Duh.) Anyway, one of the bookmarks I need to restore I believe was a link to a Dropbox folder on which a full Service Manual that was new enough to cover my 2017...
  3. theDoktor

Need Service Manual link

All, I recently experienced a terminal hard drive crash and lost all my bookmarks. (My system backup had stopped and I didn’t know it. Duh.) Anyway, one of the bookmarks I need to restore I believe was a link to a Dropbox folder on which a full Service Manual that was new enough to cover my 2017...
  4. theDoktor

Rear brake pad recommendations

I am currently running Hawk HP Plus pads & new, OEM-style rotors on the front of my 2017 GTI Sport. This car has the larger Power Pack brakes. The car is both a daily driver and an aggressive autocrosser. I have competed at the SCCA Nationals several times, so there's that. It is time to replace...
  5. theDoktor

2020 GTI S vs. 2017 GTI Sport

I'm considering selling my 17 GTI Sport MT to one of my kids and replacing it with a comparable new GTI. It appears that the "S" trim is very close to matching my current ride. What are the differences? I know the Mk. 7.5 has the VAQ differential & PP brakes, just like my current ride.
  6. theDoktor

Replacement brake system components- questions

While replacing my front struts with Koni Sports, I noticed that I am rapidly approaching the point where I have to replace my front (Performance Pack) brakes. I'm trying to optimize the performance of the car while staying within the class rules for SCCA G Street autocross use. I also have to...
  7. theDoktor

WTB: Strano 22mm RSB

I am looking for a Strano 22mm Rear Sway Bar to fit my 2017 Sport.
  8. theDoktor

VW phone home (whether you like it or not)

Yesterday, I read the original investigative article that the following article discusses and has a hyperlink to the original investigative report embedded in it. I encourage everybody to read both articles, then come back and have a conversation about it...
  9. theDoktor

Koni Sport shocks: rear adjustment access

I am ordering a set of Koni Sport shocks for my '17 Sport, which is both a daily driver and my SCCA G Street autocrosser. I know that Racing Maniac had previously mentioned that he had his rear Koni Sports modified so they could be adjusted without removing them from the car. My recollection was...
  10. theDoktor

Fuse tap type?

I'm looking to order a Vifo A129 dash camera along with one of their hardwire kits. The hardwire kit comes, by default, with no fuse tap. You have to select one of the options they list. They are: ATS, ATC, Mini and Micro2. What type of tap is correct for my 17 GTI?
  11. theDoktor

Staggered tire size?

I am investigating whether anyone has successfully staggered tire sizes for autocross with either the Mk6 or Mk7 GTI. Over the weekend I got to talk with and observe a local hot shoe running G Street quite successfully using narrower tires on the rear of his 2-dr. Mk.7 He's running the normal...
  12. theDoktor

Infotainment System Booklet Question

I recently purchased a 2017 GTI Sport. After I got home with the car, I read thru the Owner's Manual and ran across numerous references to the Infotainment System booklet, which did not come with the car. Does this booklet exist as a separate publication? If yes, can anyone suggest alternate...