GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. X

Messed up on DSG service

I realized I did the fluid leveling procedure (where you pull out the drain plug, but leave the snorkel on) with the engine off instead of on. The car runs fine, but I'm a little paranoid. Should I buy another Liter of gear oil and redo the procedure or just top off a little? How much difference...
  2. X

Brake Pedal Squeak/Sigh

Wow that's crazy, I just installed Zimmermann blanks and ebc reds and flushed with ATE 200 and I got the tiny little squeak as well. Deciding whether it's worth the hassle to rebleed with RBF or something. It only squeaks/sighs when cold.
  3. X

Increased turbo noise after waterpump replacement, stock car

I'm like 99% sure the turbo/air sucking sound wasn't this loud before, it's definitely quite noticeable and I remember turbo noises to be low to non existent before. However I've been driving with this issue since I got the car back from the dealership and doubt is starting to creep in (that it...
  4. X

Low RPMs, medium to high load. Not lugging the engine, but around 2k+, 50%+ throttle
  5. X

Update, took it back to the dealership. They said it was the soundaktor, I was thinking doubtful, but let them do their thing. Upon receiving the car, noise could still be heard. I talked to the tech who worked on my car and he said he did the pump from below the car and did not remove the...
  6. X

Okay I checked all the connections from the turbo muffler to the throttle body and everything is tight as a virgin. I guess I can schedule a technician ride a long, but I'm afraid they're not going to find anything wrong as I don't have any codes and everything is tight, yet there is a bov noise...
  7. X

Damnit, okay I will have to get underneath the car and take a closer look at the hoses going to the intercooler. Any other places I should check? I also ran a log today and noticed a boost spike going from 2nd to 3rd that wasn't there in older logs. Nothing on the car was changed since then...
  8. X

Pipe to the throttle body looks good, it's all the way up on there. Intercooler hoses look and feel okay to me, but I'm no expert. If I had a boost leak, I would have a CEL right?
  9. X

Good day, I recently had a waterpump replaced under warranty at the dealership. Upon receiving the car, I noticed an increase in the amount of turbo noise, the whooosh and the hiss when I let off throttle like I was running an open intake and aftermarket dv. I'm not throwing a CEL or EPC. I...
  10. X

Fake Liqui Moly Leichtlauf 5w40?

I was wondering if anybody has heard of fake Liqui Moly oil out there. Story is, I ordered 2 5L jugs of Liqui Moly from Amazon and they sent me 1 new and 1 used jug. I started to compare the two from Amazon from the one I received from ECS tuning and noticed that all 3 labels were different...
  11. X

Euro Switch Sensitivity Settings

Can anybody help decipher this "manual" I received from the seller of the Euro switch I purchased particularly the "Width Lamp Sensitivity" and the "Low beam sensitivity". I'm guessing the low beam sensitivity is set to the point at which you want your low beams to turn on the and width lamp...
  12. X

OBDEleven no more long coding

I recently got the euro headlight switch and wanted to enable the rear fog lights with this line of code. ADDITIONAL CODING 1. While still in the [ 09-Cent. Elec. ], open [ Coding-07 ] and use the Long Coding Helper to set Byte 7, Bit 4 (“Light Switch with Rear Fog Light(s) installed”) to...
  13. X

FS: (4) OEM Nogaros with Bridgestone RE97AS

Hello all, I am selling a set of Nogaros with the stock Bridgestones tires. 3 of the wheels have the tire mounted, but I caught a nail on one of them and the tire is off. Tire shop said the tire was not repairable, but it's included in the sale. Wheels and tires have ~11k miles on them and are...
  14. X

Konig Rennform lug bolts

Just wanted a quick confirmation that the Rennforms have a cone seat and I should get 14 x 1.5 conical seat lug bolts correct? Would these work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/M14x1-5-Cone-Conical-Seat-Lug-Bolts-28mm-Shank-Audi-VolksWagen-Mercedes-Benz/252584860549?hash=item3acf3b1b85:rk:1:pf:0
  15. X

Air recirculation memory

Anybody know how to get this to work? I want the air recirculation to stay as it is when I turn the car on and off. If I leave and come back, the car will start off with the recirculation off. I tried this OBDEleven mod, but it didn't do much. I feel like you need climatronic for that mod to...
  16. X

$4.99 Silicone wiper inserts

For the upcoming rainy season, I wanted to replace my OEM rubber strips which were starting to streak. Originally, I wanted PIAA replacement wipers, but the price tag ~$50 was kind of hard to justify for wiper blades. It also seemed to chatter quite a bit from the YouTube reviews I have seen...
  17. X

Is the DSG still one of the best?

The DSG is touted as one of the best DCTs, right up there with the PDK. I recently drove my friend's brand new GLA250 and while the car isn't as quick as the GTI, I thought the transmission was a lot better. The shifts were quicker and smoother under any circumstance. You know how you have to...
  18. X

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed a LED strip in the boot
  19. X

LED trunk strip install

I purchased a LED trunk strip similar to the one deautokey sells with the festoon adapter that goes in the stock location on the top right of the trunk. Does anybody have a guide on how to remove the trunk trim pieces so I can snake the wire through it like this guy did? Thanks...