GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

APR Golf R up for sale

Assuming there is a 3-8k repair bill lurking somewhere in the ownership (Haldex/dsg/engine failure), if the seller could be talked down to 36k its not a bad deal. But when dealers are already struggling to sell new ones, I'd say a fair price is closer to 31k . Sellers gotta understand that mods...
  2. T

Golf R seats

Personally, I dont think this is the car for a really big guy. It's still a compact at the end of the day. Much better suited to a gently used Porsche Panamera, Audi SQ5, Porsche Macan, or Audi S7. If looking in the similar family and feel of cars.
  3. T

DSG ruins it for me

:ROFLMAO: This thread downshifted fast.
  4. T

DSG ruins it for me

These are not prude Suzy homemaker cars. They are kinky mistresses like to be spanked and driven hard. They want a man who puts his foot down and tells her what to do. If you are wishy washy, it will try to guess whether you are slowing down or speeding up. I would say get a dsg tune but if...
  5. T

VW Wanted New Golf R With 5 Cylinder Engine

I think the 50k Golf RS is what all the enthusiast want. I would settle for a used RS3 sportback after 2 years depreciation. if no one buys the RS6, audi probably wont bring many more rs models over the pond . Maybe they will depreciate fast
  6. T

Swirl Marks

The swirl marks are unavoidable even with ceramic coat. If you are concerned about paint then wrap it in PPF.
  7. T

4motion/Haldex service intervals

Sunny weather driven - factory recommended 30k If you have a lot of rain, sleet, snow, etc- I'd say drop it to 20k If you do launches all the time - 15 to 20k probably. people have had them fail. I have little to no precipitation and my filter was clean at 20k. *not sure if 7 spd is different...
  8. T

If you are or have been stage 2 ...

Well I last smoked an E53 AMG Cabrio, so I guess if you have a comparable tune to APR Stg II, sure :D
  9. T

If you are or have been stage 2 ...

At last. Welcome OP... I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole? I can see it in your post. you have the look of a poster who accepts his lack of warranty because he is expecting to have fun. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you...
  10. T

16 MK7R APR Stage 1

If my calculations are correct... You are about 118k late on your Mk7's scheduled modification intervals. You should consult your shop service tech immediately about any black friday pricing specials.
  11. T

Next mods? If any?

I'm currently running: APR Stage 2 software AMS Downpipe IE Intercooler Eventuri Intake System APR turbo inlet elbow PS4S tires on Pretoria What do you guys think I should go with next for more fun I'm considering : Rear Sway bar Exhaust System Haldex tune Turbo upgrade... (I don't want to...
  12. T

Replacement part help

Can anyone help me? I have the worst luck. I went to install my S2T paddles for a Golf R and I dropped the left pin and cannot find it anywhere. I've done everything short of removing the seat to find it. Anyone know if I can order the pivot pin without the whole assembly? Thanks in advance.
  13. T

APR Box Code Issue PSA

The latest Software revision by VW actually changed the Box Code on my MY17 Golf R. I guess its a new one and APR needs to access an ECU at their shop in Alabama to write the new tune. So if anyone still does warranty services at the dealer, i suggest you specify you don't want them to flash...
  14. T

What Are The Best Looking OEM Wheels?

What the detroits should have been...
  15. T

My new 17 DSG/DAP

Welp after having my 15 Lapiz R totaled by a distracted driver... ... and waiting months for my order... I'm back in black! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwJWBaj0sfiNy0tZ1E0TFMzeE0/view?usp=sharing
  16. T

Swap-tions?

Does anyone know if the MQB platform engine and dsg could be swapped into another lightweight car or shell? I'm sure it's extremely involved and probably not done before due to the price of the motor, but since my MK7 R is totaled I'm wondering what's possible and for how much $$$$