GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

2016 dsg software update

I took my 2016 GTI w DSG in for it's 1 year service (USA). The service tech said there was a new software update for DSG transmission, but didn't really know what it did. I notice that the transmission engages sooner when placed in gear then before, shift points seem to have changed and the...
  2. S

which watch do you wear?

worn my rolex thunderbird daily for the last 30 years
  3. S

traction with potenza tires

Has anyone noticed how easy it is get lose traction temporarily on the factory potenza tires. particularly the right front. This happens on perfectly dry blacktop when you accelerate from a stop with just a little extra zip. Is this normal, I'm appalled by these tires. I only have 1600 miles on...
  4. S

garage door opener

Amazon UK sells a garage door opener that fits in the cigarette lighter. Does anyone know if this would work on gates and garage doors in USA (same frequency) or not. It would be great since VW does not include it or dimmer mirrors in their Golfs. Schellenberg 60859 Wireless Garage Door Opener...
  5. S

VW Trailer Assist

ford actually has one Saw this a while ago. The sad thing is on Ford trucks they actually have a knob that turns the wheel the opposite direction for you when backing a trailer. If your that lame you shouldn't be driving with a trailer.
  6. S

Most annoying thing about your GTI

I really dislike that the passenger side wiper blade stops directly in front of the driver leaving a distinct water line precisely in my field of vision. The driver side blade then fails to wipe it clean. Not only annoying but dangerous.
  7. S

GTI variations

I'm amazed with the variations in accessories VW has for the same model in different parts of the world. So many of the features I see on this site are not available in USA. Please list some options in your part of the world that may be unique. In the USA my 2016 autobahn comes in 6 exterior...
  8. S

US sues VW over emissions-cheating software in diesel cars

posted in the news today that USA is filing civil suit against VW US sues VW over emissions-cheating software in diesel cars
  9. S

What car does your partner drive?

drives the Porsche more often then I do
  10. S

What is your occupation?

Theoretical Mathematician
  11. S

GTI and R may be pard of new VW problem

For those outside of the USA (which does not measure CO2 emissions) VW may be facing another problem involving GTI's and R's http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/two-models-may-be-hit-in-latest-vw-scandal
  12. S

VW Good Will?

With all the bad press surrounding VW models that are being recalled have any of you noticed that whenever you take your new vehicle out the comments being made by the public? I still have temporary plates on mine and the laughter ,finger pointing and derision from the general public when I take...
  13. S

When are scandals a good thing

VW may be wrapped up in a variety of scandals, but sales are not an issue in the USA: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/volkswagen%e2%80%99s-unlikely-problem-dealerships-don%e2%80%99t-have-enough-cars-to-sell/ar-BBn4RXd?li=AA4Zjn
  14. S

sirus in USA

for those of you subscribing to SIRUS, they currently have a 6 month special going on for $30, I think it is for people whose original trial period is expired or expiring soon. In order to get you signed up again
  15. S

gti now added to vw emission cheats

Looks like the GTI and R are now part of VW's problem http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/industry/1511/vw-golf-gti-hot-hatch-added-to-emissions-cheats/ these concern vehicle outside the USA, which does not measure CO2 update...
  16. S

2016 gti

picked up my new 2016 gti autobahn with lighting and dsg last week. so far love everything. the new larger screen is really njce and glad they finally went to usb inputs. Only thing that would be nice is memory seat location