GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI variations

slik

Ready to race!
I'm amazed with the variations in accessories VW has for the same model in different parts of the world. So many of the features I see on this site are not available in USA. Please list some options in your part of the world that may be unique. In the USA my 2016 autobahn comes in 6 exterior colors and only black interior. So unlike my Porsche which has available option lists as big as my VW's owners manual

VWGT1

Ready to race!
In Europe we get almost unlimited colour options. You could check the VW.de configurator and check all the options and colours. As far as I know you can order any colour you want for some extra money (however some even stock paints cost nearly 3000 dollars. So you are looking at much more than that)
That's one interesting colour option:

xl1200r

Ready to race!
http://app.volkswagen.de/ihdcc/de/configurator.html

I just played with the GTI. I didn't see custom color options. The GTI in Germany looks to get limited colors as it does here, but you can get Limestone which you can't here, and there's no red or plain white (only pearl). Wheels are 17" stock as opposed to our 18, and I don't see the 19" option other markets get, though they do offer a number of accessory wheels that the US configurator does not. The options themselves are crazy. It's much more al la carte, like a Porsche, and nothing like the bundles you are forced into in the US. HIDs appear to be standard, but dynamic lighting is not, nor are fog lights. There's a bunch of safety options which I think are all standard on the US model.

I spec'd one up as close to mine as possible (2-door S w/PP and LP) plus added all of the things that come standard on the US models (fog lights, voice control, cruise control, app connect, etc), and it came to over 34k Euros, or nearly $37k. Anyone know if that includes tax? For that kind of price premium, I'm happy to have the limited options here.

Last edited:

VWGT1

Ready to race!
GTI has the 19 inch wheels, you need to go to other pages for that. Also we do have red or white (That's a free option). I have ordered mine with plain white.
The price you see is with taxes. And yes, here in Europe a GTI costs a ton :D When I was configuring mine, it came out to 40 grand euros, and same spec R was 50 grand. So that's 54k dollars. But every car here is much more expensive. That's just the way it is.