GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 dsg software update

slik

Ready to race!
I took my 2016 GTI w DSG in for it's 1 year service (USA). The service tech said there was a new software update for DSG transmission, but didn't really know what it did.
I notice that the transmission engages sooner when placed in gear then before, shift points seem to have changed and the dash display no longer shows the gear I am in. ( only D or S modes). does anyone know details. Thanks

richiekuk

Ready to race!
"I notice that the transmission engages sooner when placed in gear then before, shift points seem to have changed and the dash display no longer shows the gear I am in. ( only D or S models)

Is this not what it did?

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Wait, why were you seeing the gear you where in, to begin with? Stock, you should only ever see D/S in auto mode. You only see the gear #'s when you are in manual mode.

slik

Ready to race!
it previously showed either s# or d# now only the s or d and yes it does show the gear when in manual mode

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
it previously showed either s# or d# now only the s or d and yes it does show the gear when in manual mode

Only cars with DSG tunes actually show that.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Maybe its different on ROW GTI's . . but in the states, it will only show D or S. You only get the gears next to those IDs if you get a TCU tune. So . . . might want to check on that :)

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
It would be cool if this dsg update also increased the torque limit. That might save me $$ from needing to pay for a tcu tune. It would also be cool if I could put a solar panel on my GTI and add 100 hp. ie, both of these things have about the same chance of happening :p

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I had already stated that (please see post #3). I was simply clarifying that if in D or S modes, you should not see any gear #s. (Ex. S1, S2, S3; D1,D2,D3)

:)

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
It would be cool if this dsg update also increased the torque limit. That might save me $$ from needing to pay for a tcu tune. It would also be cool if I could put a solar panel on my GTI and add 100 hp. ie, both of these things have about the same chance of happening :p

DSG tune really doesn't affect the torque limit, but shift points.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Sorry, but LOL. Because they say it does? Ask APR by how much. Or ask what it is stock, and what it is with their tune. I think I can guarantee you they will not give you any numbers.

So I should believe Baldy just because he says it doesn't?