GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Just because it has a higher boiling point it doesn’t mean it cools better. Distilled water with water wetter is the way to go. Plus if your tracking your car and something happens you don’t want coolant all over the track. Coolant is super slippery and it will make u loose traction or cause an...
  2. V

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

If your having water temp issues. Spark plugs are not the issue. I would run water instead of coolant if your tracking the car. If you keep having that issue I would upgrade the radiator.
  3. V

Where and through who should i buy an extended warranty for my 2017 Golf R?

I had a corvette z06 that I used fidelity for the warranty. I had rear main seal go out on the vette. I took it to the Chevy dealer and they said it was a $2800 Job. I told them that I had an extended warranty they all asked who was it and they sounded skeptical about being covered. When I told...
  4. V

Aftermarket Turbo Options

I never tuned a vw. But I have tuned pid on haltech. I don’t see how it would be difficult if people had access to the tables. The only reason they would have issues on making it stable would be boost creep. Probably the internal gate Is not big enough to control the boost on the bigger frame...
  5. V

Intercooler performance

Just the nature of the off set fin set up on there bar and plate . The more off set fins. The better they cool but also adds resistance/ pressure drop so it’s a balancing act. Tube and fin also have leaking issues so just depends on there r&d.
  6. V

Intercooler performance

Bar and plate are not necessarily better. The reason people use bar and plates over tube and fin is size and more customizable. Biggest problem is tube and fin cores are next to impossible to find over 3.5 inches thick. Bar and plates do take more of a beating and you can make them whatever...
  7. V

Delete

Idk where you got the info that there’s no gains in intake manifolds. I had ams f1 manifold on the Evo and it gained over 40 whp on pump gas with a 6266 at 30 psi. My buddy had the same set up on his Evo 9 minus the manifold and he put down 530 whp on pump. I was putting down 583whp. I was also...
  8. V

Tuning Options for APR EFR7163 Kit

sounds like they haven’t updated there stage 3 files in a while And they don’t care to. Just my 2 cents.
  9. V

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Your pistons are cracked. That normally happens because of fuel issues. Running to lean or injectors not having even spray from the nozzle.
  10. V

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Damn that turbo is spooling fast. It’s touching 400whp at 4500. My 6266 Evo 8 was crossing the 400whp mark at 5200rpm. Super impressed
  11. V

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

I would stay away from hybrid turbos. They just have a tendency to take a crap. Force performance the xona turbo builders had a lot of issues with fp hybrids in the Evo community. To the point they would void your warranty on the turbo if you didn’t run there recommended oil lines and oil. The...
  12. V

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Anybody pushing the limits on new platforms will always have to deal with headaches. But your right vw are behind on info compared to other platforms. Mainly because tuning companies with vw don’t push there shop cars. They just used them for r&d for products not really to race. I bought an Evo...
  13. V

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

Did you have the knock issue before the fuel line upgrade? I doubt it’s a lpfp issue if your not running out fuel. Did the tuner tell you that he was running out of injector? What’s the duty cycle? If duty cycle looks good and afr look good. It could be a bad injector if your knocking in one...
  14. V

To Hi-HP MPI CARS! ~ PSA

I’m not very familiar with this cars but I have modded and tuned cars for 17 yrs. what I would do is change the plugs. If that don’t work run a tighter gap. On Evo’s .024 was good up 30psi. I had to run .019-.021 gaps for 30+. If it still pulling timing than borrow somebody else coil packs and...
  15. V

My experience with PI and carbon build up

Mpi definitely helps but I wonder if mpi is only running when it’s needed. If it’s set up like stage injection than it makes sense that it’s cleaning the valves less compared to running full time.