GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
anyone able to recommend the plug to use on a hybrid with Strat tune? I have had a few misfires and since my car has just hit 10k I thought now is a good time to give it a full service.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
anyone able to recommend the plug to use on a hybrid with Strat tune? I have had a few misfires and since my car has just hit 10k I thought now is a good time to give it a full service.
I personally like the Brisk 1 step colder plugs. I found them better than the RS7's.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Is there a chance of the RS7 plugs gapping back open if they arrived pre-gapped at 0.026"?
Yes, over time the gap can change, this is why you should inspect and measure with a feeler tool every so often just to be sure.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The link is for Brisk ER14S. When I search for BR12S on that website it brings up the BR14S plugs which aren't the correct heat range.
There's a dropbown box option on that page that allows you to select 12

vegatune

Passed Driver's Ed
If your having water temp issues. Spark plugs are not the issue. I would run water instead of coolant if your tracking the car. If you keep having that issue I would upgrade the radiator.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's a dropbown box option on that page that allows you to select 12

But those are for Brisk BR14S not BR12S that Stratified said to use. And I thought stock plugs are a 8 heat range and RS7 plugs are one step colder at 9. Is that incorrect?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If your having water temp issues. Spark plugs are not the issue. I would run water instead of coolant if your tracking the car. If you keep having that issue I would upgrade the radiator.

Never heard that before. Coolant has a higher boiling point.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
But those are for Brisk BR14S not BR12S that Stratified said to use. And I thought stock plugs are a 8 heat range and RS7 plugs are one step colder at 9. Is that incorrect?
It changes the part# when you select 12. I'm not sure about the actual heat range #s.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-04-28 210155.png
    Annotation 2020-04-28 210155.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 97