GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Possible Workaround for those who experienced issues with Android Auto + Spotify

Sometimes when you skip a track on Spotify (through Android Auto), the sound would suddently stop working and eventually the infotainment system or Android Auto would crash/reboot after a few minutes of silence. It seems specific to MIB2 based system of VW group cars (vw/audi/skoda/seat). I've...
  2. M

Attaching an eyelet to the battery terminal

So it turns out the nut on the battery terminal is captive which is preventing me from connecting a cable with an eyelet connection. I'm trying to install this onto my battery terminal so I can regularly charge my car: What are my best options? These are some potential solutions I can...
  3. M

MK7.5 bumper swap?

I want to see about upgrading my Mk7 GTI FRONT bumper to the MK7.5 GTI but there's some questions that needs to be answered: 1) will the MK7.5 bumper fit on a MK7 GTI with the stock MK7 lights and fenders? 2) would be a straight 1:1 swap? (same mounting points and foglight connectors with no...
  4. M

Pop-up traffic message: "Vehicle traveling down the wrong direction"

Okay, so i've complained about this a few times before in threads like "Most annoying thing about your GTI", but i've never heard of any kind of solution in the last 16 months since i've owned the car. This is the pop-up i get which happens on average once a week in the middle of driving: As...
  5. M

Deautokey License plate LEDs (Option 2 w/ No resistors)

So i ordered these from Deautokey but they sent me 2 pairs by mistake. They said i could keep the extra pair, so im selling it to someone that needs it. Here's the link to the product: http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-license-plate-leds-error-free-plug-play I'm selling these for $16...
  6. M

Will Pretoria wheels come down in price stateside?

So now that the 17' Golf R models now come with Pretorias in the US, is it now possible to buy them without having to pay $700+ for each wheel? Or has it always been that expensive regardless of availability?
  7. M

Shark fin replacement options

Anyone think the Shark fin on the MK7 is kinda ugly? Are there any other shark fin shapes you can get to replace it? The stock one looks like a tiny airplane tail.
  8. M

Must-have tools to have in the car?

Do you guys keep any important tools in the car that are not already provided with the car? I'm thinking of putting together some kind of toolkit, but not nothing too extensive for the sake of weight savings. Right now, i don't have anything other than a Leatherman multi-tool and a digital...
  9. M

Wait time for first scheduled maintenance at a dealership?

I bought VW Care service when i bought my car and I'm almost due for the first scheduled maintenance service (1 year) which pretty much amounts to a simple oil change and tire rotation. Now i realize it will take longer than your Jiffy Lube place, but any idea what the typical wait time will be...
  10. M

Official Vinyl Wrap and Decals thread

I'm thinking of putting some vinyl on my car and want to get some ideas, so I thought i'd start a picture thread about it. So post up whatever vinyl you have on yours. This can include Full or partial body wraps Decals on the windows, body, wheel, interior, mirror caps, engine bay, or emblems...
  11. M

Best alternative to Pretoria wheels?

So I've been looking for similar looking alternatives to Pretoria wheels and this is what I've found so far: Advanti Rosato BBS CTS-V Konig Oversteer OZ Leggera HLT Rays G25Edge Work XSA 04C I haven't looked at the individual prices for these wheels yet, but I'm sure they vary...
  12. M

OBD II wireless/bluetooth devices other than OBDELEVEN?

Unfortunately, OBDELEVEN doesn't seem to work with third party apps, so it looks like i have to get another OBD II device to let me do all the other fun stuff (like play with Torque). Are there any OBD II bluetooth/wifi devices you guys recommend that is most fully featured and works well with...
  13. M

Center Console organizer?

I have things that I keep in there such as digital tire pressures gauge, flashlight, and usb cables that I want to seperate and keep tidy. The shallow organizer that we've all seen with the coin holder is way too small for this kind of use and kinda useless as it blocks access to the space...
  14. M

Best everyday tire on stock Austins and suspension?

I'm looking for a tire to replace my Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS which are the all-season tires that came on my GTI. I'm looking for something that has the same or better ride quality on city streets while providing better dry traction and reasonable tread life. I live in SoCal where it rains 10...
  15. M

Traffic alerts: How do you turn them off?

At least 2 or 3 times a week, i would get random traffic alert pop-ups. ALL of them are messages telling me about a car going the wrong direction and its always a highway that is no where near my location. Add to the fact that I only drive 2-3 hours a week, this makes me think it has to be some...
  16. M

Area right above the headlights get especially hot?

So I notice after a short drive in my new 2016 GTI that parts of the car gets especially hot; specifically the spot right above the headlights (bi-xenon HID) on both sides. It was going straight from the dealership to my home which is a 15-20 min drive. If you open the hood, there's a black...
  17. M

Is VW Care Plus worth it for a low mileage driver?

So i think im close to ironing out a deal to get my 2016 GTI and I'm looking at the VW Care Plus maintenance plan. The oil changes included are whatever, but the important thing is I want the DSG fluid change to be covered. I've read other people say this is guaranteed under the Plus plan, but...
  18. M

Thoughts on the 2016 Civic? (10th gen)

The Civic was revealed today along with some specs. Details can be found here: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-honda-civic-sedan-reveal-civicx-live-coverage-at-youtube-space-la.130/ Interestingly enough, the upper trim models will be using a 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder engine which makes 173...
  19. M

Golf R featured in Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One)

Any Forza fans in here? From what I know, Forza 6 marks just the 2nd time a MK7 Golf has made it into a video game (mobile games excludes). First one being DriveClub for PS4 if i recall, which i think had a GTI. I took a few screenshots in Forzavista mode in 1080p glory. Nothing fancy...
  20. M

Couple of videos explaining some problems with the MK7

Upon my ongoing research, i found some interesting recent Youtube videos from HumbleMechanic. Apparently, he is a mechanic specializing in VW. Maybe you guys know of him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFQVnBOWEQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taAF30GaVMk The first one details some issues...