GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Iroz options?

The search function doesn't come up with much info. Their website shows several different options to chose from. Any know the differences? Anyone know what the stock engine can handle in terms of power? I thought I read something like 420tq and 470hp? I emailed them but never got a...
  2. R

First time to the drag strip with the R

**Update on post #22. 12.1 still spinning. Been trying to get there and I finally had a free weekend and they were open. Temp was 30 degrees when I first got there and they had to thaw the track for 2 hours. DA was -1200 with a steady head wind. Car is a 2015 DSG Stage 2. Factory showroom...
  3. R

Testing waters- 2015 Golf R 11,240 miles

FS: 2015 Golf R 11,400 miles I have my eyes on a couple other cars, so I need this one out of my garage now. 2015 DSG Loaded with fender/nav/DCC/19s, parking sensors etc. Obviously never driven in snow and rarely in the rain even. Sits in the garage with a battery tender. Car will come...
  4. R

APR boost gauge installed yesterday- Something wired wrong

So I got my APR boost gauge installed on my R yesterday. Finally. Hooked everything up and the needle pegged at 30 psi as soon as I started car up. No matter what I did, it went back to 30. I unhooked sensor under the hood and hooked back up and it would drop to zero and then climb to 30...
  5. R

Anyone have a leaky hatch?

I had a dent taken out on my hatch and I am wondering if they put something back together wrong. I washed my car last weekend, a week after getting the repair done. I opened the hatch and the water rushed in and leaked all over the hatch flap thingie. I closed the hatch and it continued to...
  6. R

What's after stage 2?

What options are there after stage 2? Currently: Intake IC DP UM stage 2/DSG tune Light weight wheels Last month it put down 365 hp/tq on a mustang dyno. My goal is to get at least 420 whp on the same dyno and retain the excellent drivabilty it currently has. So what's next on the list...
  7. R

How accurate is the lap timer?

You can set it so it starts from zero as soon as you start moving. Been using it with video to get some 0-60 times. I know not the most accurate method but better than nothing. Also, any lag with the speedo? That would obviously affect this scientific test.
  8. R

Coming soon: JB1 dyno vs S2 UM

Any thoughts/predictions? Side by side dyno in a couple weeks. Have no before numbers. '15 DSG UM Red file, intake, DP, IC '16 6M JB1, intake, DP Will be on a mustang dyno (:()
  9. R

My mirror switch operates wrong mirror

Does anyone elses do this? When turned to the Right mirror, it works as it should. When I select Left mirror, it operates the right mirror in reverse. If I move the knob 360 degrees back to Left side, it still operates the right mirror but in the correct fashion :confused::confused: As in...
  10. R

UM now has 3 tunes?

I was one of the early tuned Rs (August '15) I finally get the update done today and was told there were two hot tunes now with 93 octane. A red and green tune. Whats the difference between them and how do they compare to the first version of the tune? I went with the green tune to see how...
  11. R

stock Golf R intercooler

5200 miles on it. Comes with factory hoses. Will fit mk7 gti. No idea what they are worth. $200 obo. I think they are over $250 new? Prefer not to ship if possible, but open to it (buyer pays) Located in Chicagoland area. Took me about 4 hours to install the Wagner. I imagine a direct...
  12. R

Lets talk downpipes

I am having a hard time finding good information on the R and downpipes. I never put one on my mk6 so this is uncharted territory for me. Cat vs Catless. Ok, I know the difference. But, what are the advantages of either. I can imagine the Catless would make more power and likely be a little...
  13. R

Mk7r vs 330hp sti

We played a little on the highway so I knew this would be close. Sounds like he said he dynoed 330hp. Based on UM tune I should be right at the same level. On the launch I just stabbed the gas, no launch control. It really took its time to get moving off idle. Not sure if he was short...
  14. R

Mk7R vs 370Z

Playing around a little. Not sure what 370s run. I was pulling away pretty hard so I didn't bother running too fast. I think he was surprised. https://youtu.be/ku1R1VQaLYw
  15. R

Blow by on acceleration?

Today I noticed a little, what I would call, blow by on medium acceleration. About 48 degrees out, about 4 miles from my home so my car should had been warmed up already. I got on the gas to beat traffic on a right turn and noticed a haze behind me. It was more black than white in nature. I...
  16. R

Will MK6 wheels be direct fit for MK7?

I can't seem to find much info on this. Are the MK6 wheels a direct bolt in for MK7 cars? I am looking at a set of MK6 GTI for my MK7 R.
  17. R

'15R vs Modded STI

Got lined up next to a modded STI. Wasn't sure of what the outcome would be since I am stock. Light turned green, I went, it looked like he wasn't going to so I let off. Then he decides to go, and I hit after him then. He got about a half car jump because of this. I just couldn't reel him in...
  18. R

Launch Control and DSG abuse

What is the general consensus on Launch control? I did a search and not much came up. Some people say no issue, some people say it will destroy your DSG. With the R there is obviously a lot more strain because the tires won't give like the 2wd variants...but also a lot of fun. I can't...
  19. R

styrofoam tray in rear standard?

Is that piece standard on all Rs? I noticed one had it and one didn't while shopping. The piece under rear cargo platform.
  20. R

different msrps?

On autotrader i have been seeing 3 consistent prices $39,910 which is standard upgrade with destination. then I see a lot for $40,145 and $40,231. What could those possibly have? First aid kit or something?