GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

different msrps?

RoyB2

Ready to race!
On autotrader i have been seeing 3 consistent prices

$39,910 which is standard upgrade with destination.

then I see a lot for $40,145 and $40,231. What could those possibly have? First aid kit or something?

NDGOLFR

Yes, and a larger destination charge. I know that destination charge for the car I bought in Iowa was less than North Dakota were I was quoted something similar to that 40,200 price.

SwissFreek

First aid kit, floor mats, cargo nets, jumper cables, stuff like that would be my guess. Saw that a bunch when I was shopping GTIs, same dealer, same car, $300 difference in price, and when you clicked the options button it was things like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UnpimpMyAuto

When I was shopping for mine, I saw a lot of those prices, too. When I bought mine this week, this was the breakdown.

MSRP : $39,090
MojoMats & Trunk Liner (Golf R labeled mats) : $235
Roadside Assistance Kit : $85
Destination: $820

Total: $40,230

Anything that's $40,145 is likely missing the roadside assistance Kit.

I can also confirm that the Golf R labeled Mojomats are significantly nicer (thicker, softer, and more durable looking) than the stock mats.

NDGOLFR

When I was shopping for mine, I saw a lot of those prices, too. When I bought mine this week, this was the breakdown.

MSRP : $39,090
MojoMats & Trunk Liner (Golf R labeled mats) : $235
Roadside Assistance Kit : $85
Destination: $820

Total: $40,230

Anything that's $40,145 is likely missing the roadside assistance Kit.

I can also confirm that the Golf R labeled Mojomats are significantly nicer (thicker, softer, and more durable looking) than the stock mats.

Ok, makes sense. I paid 39,919 received the roadside kit, mats (not R labeled) and a destination fee. I did order a set of R labeled MojoMats off VW.com for $99. Is your trunk liner R labeled?

UnpimpMyAuto

I don't believe it has the R label. I think it's the standard VW CarGo heavy duty trunk liner. It came with moveable cargo blocks for securing cargo.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. The one I test drove did have really nice mats and cargo liner. I will be getting weather tech so no money lost there.