GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My mirror switch operates wrong mirror

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Does anyone elses do this?

When turned to the Right mirror, it works as it should. When I select Left mirror, it operates the right mirror in reverse. If I move the knob 360 degrees back to Left side, it still operates the right mirror but in the correct fashion :confused::confused: As in Move to the right and the glass moves to the right.

The only issue, it's still the wrong side! I don't know if it's always been like this or I just noticed it. 2015 with 8K miles. About 5K miles I brought it in for the window not opening 100%. They tracked it down to the wiring harness being routed incorrectly and getting caught when the window went down. They fixed it. Is it possible the re-routing affect it and I just never bothered to adjust the window to check?

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Is it possible the re-routing affect it and I just never bothered to adjust the window to check?

That absolutely sounds like what happened: window pushing down on stray wire loom, breaking individual mirror control wire and/or insulation causing a short or broken connection. I believe you had a 24 month warranty? Even if not, given the mirror control was working before the window repair and now is wonky, if it needs a fresh wire loom for the door, VW ought to pick up the cost of the repairs. Though you might have to do some begging from VW Customer Care to get it.

gtowngovernor

Ready to race!
I have '16 Golf R w/ DCC & Navi, w/out the Driver Assistance Package. Is my car supposed to have this functionality too?

To clear things out, I'm talking about the mirror moving down to show the curb when in reverse...

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Brought it to the dealer. They said it was the mirror switch. Ordered a replacement. Finally brought it in today and that didn't solve the issue. They want me to leave it for a day to track down the issue. Anyone have any guesses?

Ferrari

Ready to race!
I have the exact same issue with my 2016 R, and it did it since new. I just don't care as much, since I set it and forget it. I might take it in when doing other warranty work.

lcubed

Ready to race!
Brought it to the dealer. They said it was the mirror switch. Ordered a replacement. Finally brought it in today and that didn't solve the issue. They want me to leave it for a day to track down the issue. Anyone have any guesses?

see the first reply!

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
I have '16 Golf R w/ DCC & Navi, w/out the Driver Assistance Package. Is my car supposed to have this functionality too?

To clear things out, I'm talking about the mirror moving down to show the curb when in reverse...

It's part of the programming, but it's disabled for some reason.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
I was going to finally bring it in today. Drove it to work, thought maybe I would check it out just to make sure it's still not working. Now the mirror operates 100% correct :confused::confused:

11,500 miles on it. I don't get it. I guess I will cancel my appointment :rolleyes:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I was going to finally bring it in today. Drove it to work, thought maybe I would check it out just to make sure it's still not working. Now the mirror operates 100% correct :confused::confused:

11,500 miles on it. I don't get it. I guess I will cancel my appointment :rolleyes:

My bet is a pinched wire in the loom that goes from the door to the body.