GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Z

Readiness drive cycle (stationary) via VAGCOM?

Does anyone known how to perform the readiness drive cycle using VCDS while the car is stationary following specific set of instructions (e.g. revving to a specific RPM for x seconds)?
  2. Z

Neuspeed Hyper Black touch up paint?

Need Touch up paint recommendations for the Neuspeed Hyper Black color. Model RSE12 to be exact. I read about this product in one of the forums but it ended up being too dark: Dupli-Color ACC0414 Metallic Graphite Chrysler Exact-Match Scratch Fix All-in-1 Touch-Up Paint - 0.5 oz...
  3. Z

GTI stock downpipe have 2 cats?

I always thought that after the flex pipe is a resonator but after a close inspection of my friend's downpipe, it looks like a second cat. Can anyone confirm?
  4. Z

Stage 2 file that does not "trick" the O2 sensor?

I am investing in a premium downpipe that uses a high quality CAT that guarantees no CEL. I am looking for a stage 2 tune file that does not trick the O2 sensor. I need this for inspection purposes - NY has yearly inspection and do not want to keep flashing back to stock or stage 1 every year...
  5. Z

(Video) Help me diagnose: Driver rear suspension noise

Car is parked and I am pushing it down from the trunk. The sound is only from the rear driver side. I have Neuspeed Sport springs + Koni FSD shocks. The car is 17 months old, 7k miles, and had two suspension work done. Could it be a worn shock mount? https://youtu.be/xA44y1Cmt1I
  6. Z

Seeking experience: Unitronic stage 1+ to stage 2

I currently have the Unitronic stage 1+ ECU and stage 1 DSG. Together with lighter wheels, tires, and rotors; my car feels quite nimble (-10 lbs / corner). Recently, I've been considering getting a DP to have a deeper exhaust note and the ability to go stage 2 ECU and DSG. Based from a few...
  7. Z

Most quiet downpipe for stage 2?

I'm looking to get a downpipe and go ECU stage 2 tune but would like to keep the sound as close to stock as possible. Any recommendations?
  8. Z

FS: Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

Color black Used for ~500 miles $250 + shipping. Shipping from zip code 11106 Package is 7lbs 17(L)x14.5(W)x9.5(H) Original Neuspeed box with all hardware and paperwork.
  9. Z

WTB blue plastic ring / seal from OEM DV

To those of you who installed the DV+, it is the blue plastic ring / seal that you remove and don't use.
  10. Z

Stock DV issues after DV+ removal.

Posted this on Vortex as well: After speaking with Unitronic, they do not recommend using the DV+ with their tune so I proceeded to remove it. When I was in the process of uninstalling/installing the stock DV, my nail slightly pinched the blue plastic seal and dented it lightly (but not...
  11. Z

Slotted & Drilled Rotors upgrade?

I recently purchased a set of StopTech Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors for my non-PP GTI. I got them for 3 reasons: - Reduce rotational mass (StopTech claims them to be 20lbs but I weighed them at 18lbs. OEMs are 22lbs) - Reduce brake fade (for spirited driving only since I don't track) - Looks...
  12. Z

Suspension Bolts/Nuts

Are these still the same part numbers for the MK7 GTI? I found these on the MK6 forum.
  13. Z

Injen Intake

Any interest in buying a brand new (sealed box) Injen intake? $195 for pickup only (LIC/Astoria, NY) The supplier wasn't able to cancel my order in time and I'm trying to sell it to save on the $15 return fee.
  14. Z

FS: MK7 2015 GTI Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Garage sale: NYC pickup only. Selling OEM MK7 2015 GTI Parts. All items used under 1,000 miles. 4x Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season 225/40R18 4x Austin Wheels 18x7.5 ET49 (2x have curb rash / 4x center caps not included) 4x Springs 4x Shocks 2x Side Mirrors (Non-aspherical) Pair of front...
  15. Z

FS: MK7 2015 GTI Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Garage sale: NYC pickup only. Selling OEM MK7 2015 GTI Parts. All items used under 1,000 miles. 4x Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season 225/40R18 4x Austin Wheels 18x7.5 ET49 (2x have curb rash / 4x center caps not included) 4x Springs 4x Shocks 2x Side Mirrors (Non-aspherical) Pair of front...
  16. Z

Headlights on Auto question

I recently coded my friend's US-spec GTI with the following: (5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 (from: not active - to: daytime running lights) (5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 (from: not active - to: daytime running lights) Leaving the headlight switch on AUTO (FOG switch NOT...
  17. Z

WTF is this leak?!

Today, I noticed a brownish liquid residue on the left of the engine bay and I haven't noticed this before. I just came from my 10,000 mile service (at 2,650 miles) yesterday and I can't believe they did not spot this. Does anyone know what this is? Bottom of the left side Right engine bay
  18. Z

Can a tune reduce the DBW delay?

DBW = drive by wire I've been reading about pedal mods such as SprintBooster and PedalBox and basically what it does is send more signal to the ECU and give you a "fake" feeling of improved throttle response. People have different opinions towards them. Those who are against argues that you...
  19. Z

Question about Axles and Bolts

So I went to a auto shop yesterday to have my VWR Springs and ECS Spacers installed. I was talking to the owner who worked on my car about axles and bolts and I mentioned that I have been reading that people online suggest the bolts get replaced after removal. He said that there are two types...
  20. Z

Any member doing spring installs in the Queens/LI area?

Auto shops are charging onwards of $300 just for the installation alone. Was wondering if there are members here willing to do it for a small fee and make extra cash on the side. Let me know :)